TRE!!!!!!  A JC Question

mzrsq

Busaless
Donating Member
Registered
I understand that being a quality tuner eliminates the need for any extra devices. That all (or most) quirks can be tuned out with a dyno and a proper mapping by a professional.

The 1 question I'm not sure if I've ever seen asked before about a TRE.

For those who do not have that "PROFESSIONAL" to tune their ride, and are still left with those few quirks after a dyno mapping ,or for those who feel they need to exceed the posted speed limit and opt for/or need said devices.

Should the mapping be done with the TRE installed if you are planning to run one, or does it not make a difference?

OK....Please JC, not your usual 1 word explaination.......LOL

Yeah JC, Dennis is just up the street from me, though he's to busy with turbo work to get us poor people on his rack. If your not looking for 500+ ponies, your way down the list on his things to do.

Was more of a general question for the masses. If your going to use a TRE should the bike be tuned with it installed, or does it have no effect in the tuning?

Timing retard eliminator, it makes your bike think that its always in 6th gear or something like that,, supposed to give better throttle response in 1-3 gears, and eliminate the top speed governer. but I have one,, cant tell its there except ive never had it shut off when hitting top speeds. the only other difference I can tell is when you release the clutch in nuetral, the rpms go up a little

rock.gif

Back