2 tre or not 2 tre

soon2be

Donating Member
Registered
I just had a full exhaust system installed with yosh remap, small box mod, and pair removed.  The throttle seems very sensitive around 2800-3000 rpm.  On/off throttle is very touchy. Unfortunately, during the commute to and from work, I have to go through some 25-30 mph zones.  Will a tre smooth this out or does this mean an error in the mapping?  Other than that it rides great, no problems.  If the tre is the answer, which one (tre, atre, smart tre, etc.)  All comments appreciated.  Thanks.

How often do you plan to go above 186mph? If the answer is you don't or very rarely if ever, then you don't need a TRE. Get mapped and be much happier

I had one on mine but took it off. it seemed to make the 2500-3000 rpm thing worse. find a good place with a dyno and get a custom map.

If your not trying to do over 186 just find a good tuner and have a custom map installed.
wink.gif
Its was said already I know....even if you did put on a TRE....it would still be best to have a custom map.

I'm not a pro on this but I have heard that Ivan's Smart TRE does help.... but then again, I'm no expert!
smile.gif

You might want to check that thread out... just for some cross ref
biggrin.gif

If you have a PC2/3 what is the need?
Go get your bike fine tuned by a professional tuner who knows what they are doing...
They do everything the TRE does EXCEPT for the 186 thing... And who cares about that? You know except for the land speed guys?

TREs should be renamed to WOMs...

Waste Of Money...

Come on guys...at least pass on some good info. First, the TRE will not get you over the 2500rpm stumbles. Only mapping will do that. Second, if you just did the Yosh box remap of your stock ECU say 0,+5,+5 and you still have stumbles..you need a PC for your bike and get it properly mapped. Third, TRE's do more than just eliminate the 186mph limit, it gets rid of your ignition retard in your lower gears. YOU GET 100% full power to redline. Suzuki put this in to keep people from looping it in first and second gear...more for first really. You want to loft the front easier or just get back the % they took away put the TRE on. WR

Come on guys...at least pass on some good info. First, the TRE will not get you over the 2500rpm stumbles. Only mapping will do that. Second, if you just did the Yosh box remap of your stock ECU say 0,+5,+5 and you still have stumbles..you need a PC for your bike and get it properly mapped. Third, TRE's do more than just eliminate the 186mph limit, it gets rid of your ignition retard in your lower gears. YOU GET 100% full power to redline. Suzuki put this in to keep people from looping it in first and second gear...more for first really. You want to loft the front easier or just get back the % they took away put the TRE on. WR
And once you roll the throttle past a certain point the ECU does away with the timing retard. When you don't need 100% power the bike is manageable, when you do need 100% power it's still there waiting for you to bring it on.

The 2¢ resistor that emulates a 5th gear map all the time is indeed a WOM.
smile.gif

Back