The traffic law broken most often as gotta be...

CWCobra

Registered
..."Keep right except to pass"

Just got back from a 200 mile trip, all interstate, and I'll swear, NOBODY drives in the right lane anymore. NOBODY!!

If you want to pass, it has to be done in the right lane, 'cause the left lane is clogged!! :banghead:

Is this a common pattern everywhere, or is it peculiar to southeast Tennessee?

CW

i like the left lane, makes me feel like im driving in europe and gives my tires a chance to wear evenly....:laugh:

Just keep in mind that the left lane is a passing lane not the autobahn lane..... some people get the two confused :laugh: You can not exceed the posted speed limit to make a pass :rulez: :laugh:

Just keep in mind that the left lane is a passing lane not the autobahn lane..... some people get the two confused :laugh: You can not exceed the posted speed limit to make a pass :rulez: :laugh:

i disagree and have the driving record to prove it :)

We have the same idiots here too....And the highway patrolman wanted to know why I was passing people in the breakdown lane......:laugh::whistle:

drive around in Memphis, TN...they fill the left lane and pass on the right as a rule.

California just the same. People don't realize it's a PASSING lane!!:poke: Here people will get on the freeway and sprint across 4 lanes of traffic just to get in the PASSING lane and set cruise control to 5mph under the speed limit. :spank:No wonder that guy (rocket launcher thread) put a rocket launcher on his bike. :blowingup:

when weaving thru cars i was stopped for not signaling, and the cop said the signal must be observed for 3 whole seconds wtf?:laugh:

I know for tax purposes it is important to see driving as a "Privledge" but is it really? Why? I pay taxes for the roads to be built and maintained should it be my right to drive upon them as long as I do so without infringing on any other users abiliy to use the roads?

Oh and we get the left lane slowpokes here too, in general I think it is due to people being stupid...usually a couple quick flicks of the highbeams and they get the message.

Last edited:
In Wisconsin it's "slower traffice keep right"...WRONG! It's my biggest pet peeve on the road. Add the people who aren't even doing the speed limit in the left lane and I get all sorts of murderous.

I do a lot of driving. Over 100000 miles on my 3 year old pick up and I have to say that Ohio drivers are the worst. You can ride 3 feet from their bumper with your high beams on and they are so clueless, they don't realize you are trying to pass and then you get flipped off when you do pass on the right. One of these days I might lose it:whistle:

I have been in a..... transportation business, managing 'vehicle losses' for nearly half my life.
Most common poor driving habits:
Unsafe lane changes
Following too closely

I know the second one is a law (tailgating), the first is just friggin common sense!

I hate when the slower drivers are in the left lane cause then it slow everyone else down. I also hate when you have to slow cars and they riding beside each other.

Unfortunatly, it's a matter of immaturity on the part of the driver. If someone is willing to drive faster than you are, GET OVER AND LET THEM BY; after all, they may pick up a ticket for you. I like to drive in the left lane (cause I'm usually passing), but if the road is clear in front of me and someone wants to pass me, they are welcome to it.

Back