New driving law.......

Bubba,
Thanks for letting me know about this thread. I move over for all emergency vehicles that are on the side of the road even if it's not a law. I even move over or slow down if traffic does not allow moving over a lane for people that are on the side of the road.
I do this, because on September 30, 2006 I was changing a tire on the side of the freeway when I was struck on my right hip at 70mph by a passing car. There was only 2 things that saved me that day. The 2 things were that I weighed 350lbs and that the driver wasn't 2 inches further to the right. If these 2 things were not in my favor I could have lost my leg or even death. The driver of the car that hit me did not stop and the only way the driver was caught, was someone called 911 and reported the plate number.

in my area....LEO's usually will block a lane, by leaving thier patrol car 3/4 of the in the lane with the lights on. it cause some traffic hassles at times, but walking up on a car at a traffic stop is hard enough without having to worry about getting hit by somebody tecting or applying make-up while driving.

I responded to a MVA (Fire) and parked the truck blocking 2 lanes at an intersection but left enough room where everyone could u-turn. Normally i tried leaving a lane open, but this one was bad...Some A-hole drover around the engine and drove through the accident scene while we were moving the patient into the ambulance!!! He drove over all the parts in the road and looked at us like we were jerks for blocking the road!! Luckily there was a cop with us who seen it and was like, "yea...he is getting a big ticket.."

People feel like they are being inconvenienced sometimes...but it's better than someone else getting killed.

I responded to a MVA (Fire) and parked the truck blocking 2 lanes at an intersection but left enough room where everyone could u-turn. Normally i tried leaving a lane open, but this one was bad...Some A-hole drover around the engine and drove through the accident scene while we were moving the patient into the ambulance!!! He drove over all the parts in the road and looked at us like we were jerks for blocking the road!! Luckily there was a cop with us who seen it and was like, "yea...he is getting a big ticket.."

People feel like they are being inconvenienced sometimes...but it's better than someone else getting killed.

people have an over-inflated sense of worth, and priviledge.

The guy that just drove threw the accident scene was a complete ****! He was pissed that he was being inconvenienced by the backed up traffic from the accident and just went threw the scene.

Got this in Washington...to many officers getting hit/killed or severely injured.

Bubba,
Thanks for letting me know about this thread. I move over for all emergency vehicles that are on the side of the road even if it's not a law. I even move over or slow down if traffic does not allow moving over a lane for people that are on the side of the road.
I do this, because on September 30, 2006 I was changing a tire on the side of the freeway when I was struck on my right hip at 70mph by a passing car. There was only 2 things that saved me that day. The 2 things were that I weighed 350lbs and that the driver wasn't 2 inches further to the right. If these 2 things were not in my favor I could have lost my leg or even death. The driver of the car that hit me did not stop and the only way the driver was caught, was someone called 911 and reported the plate number.

Thanks for sharing this story Big Guy, things could have been very different, given the slightest change of angle or even an inch here or there.
As it is, you are alive and thankful, :thumbsup: very good.
Bubba

Back