The SCAM EMAILS played out.... (FULL)

RussellJ

Rick Rollin'
Registered
So I saw the threads about the scam emails being sent to members who post items for sale here on the org. I then got the same email and decided to have some fun... Note: I made a new paypal with a different email just in case they tried to hack my paypal, just being cautious in my attempt for amusement and :rofl: it was very amusing how dumb this guy is. So here you all go! :laugh:

FROM FIRST EMAIL TO FINAL

On Aug 5, 2010, at 11:37 AM, charles_cole02@yahoo.com wrote:

> Yoshimura RS-3 Dual Stainless Exhaust Slip-ons (Gen1)
>
> Hello,My Name is Charles Coleman ,I am using this medium to notify you of my interest in purchasing your Item and i will like to ask some few question.
> Is your item still for sale ?
> -What is the asking price ?
> -What is the condition?
> -Has this item involved in any damage before?
> -do i need to repair?
> -Do you accept a Certified Check/Money Order or paypal as a mode of payment ?
> -I have a freight company on my own will be available for them? because the operate 7:00am to7:00pm Monday-Saturday.
> -Will you let our shipping company to come to you house for the pick up of the item cos we don't want you to worry yourself about the shipping of the item.
>
> Regards
>
> Yoshimura RS-3 Dual Stainless Exhaust Slip-ons (Gen1) - Hayabusa Classifieds

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject: Re: A message about your ad on Hayabusa OwnersGroup
To: charles_cole02@yahoo.com
Date: Thursday, August 5, 2010, 10:47 PM

Yes i still have the item for sale and yes i take paypal. It has minor scratches as such as i stated in the classified.
Yeah sure you can come to my house to pick it up:
FC-550 2nd Maintenance Batallion
Camp Lejeune, NC 28546
(IM PLAYING ALONG AT THIS POINT JUST TO GET HIM ALL EXCITED)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Aug 6, 2010, at 8:28 AM, Charles Coleman wrote:

OK what is the final asking price? and did your email links with your pay pal account get back to me asap so that I can proceed with the payment.

Thanks.

Subject: Re: RESPONSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
To: "Charles Coleman" <charles_cole02@yahoo.com>
Date: Friday, August 6, 2010, 12:31 PM

The final asking price is $5,000. Thank you!

(:rofl::rofl:)

On Aug 6, 2010, at 8:39 AM, Charles Coleman wrote:

OK let me have your pay pal account so that I can proceed with the payment.

Thanks.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Friday, August 6, 2010, 12:45 PM

r.g.levasseur@gmail.com is my paypal account.
How do you intend the shipping process to go?
(JUST CURIOUS WHAT HIS GAME REALLY IS)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Aug 6, 2010, at 8:56 AM, Charles Coleman wrote:

Hello don't bother about the shipping company because I have shipping company that work for me.

Thanks.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Friday, August 6, 2010, 1:12 PM

Alright well you can go ahead and set up the payment and we will work out the pick up of the item

Thanks a lot!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HERE IS THE COMPLETELY REDICULOUS PART ME AND MY BUDDIES JUST DIED LAUGHING ABOUT :rofl:

On Aug 6, 2010, at 4:56 PM, Charles Coleman wrote:

I'm about to make the payments when i had this little problem with the picking up of the Item, I'm working presently on the sea and i am buying the item for my dad so i tried to secure booking with my pick up agent, but they asked me to pay first before they can make the booking, and they only accept Western Union Money Transfer for payments and they don't accept PayPal or bank transfer.

So I tried to send the money online but it's not going through and I am on the sea there is no way i can find a western union agent to make the transfer to my pick up agent, so i wanted to ask if it will be OK for me to include my pick up agent's fees together with your payments through PayPal,So you will help me wire the pick up fee to them via western Union Money Transfer immediately i pay you.I don't mean to bother you I'm sure you understand that I'm presently on the sea and there is nothing i can do to that.

The bottom line is after I have made the payments via PayPal,you will help me wire my pick up agent fee to them through western union money transfer, I just wanted to seek your consent before going ahead with the payments,I will be very happy if my offer is given a favorable consideration,Respond as soon as possible so that i can send out your Payment.

Charles.

:rofl:ofl:SERIOUSLY? What an idiot...

So i told him we would work out the shipping part then i get this a day later....(Attached) So rediculous... I figured i had to share all this!

scam.jpg

The email i replied to the last two i cannot post because of all the inproper language I used.... Basically i told him how much an idiot him and whoever is with him are and how completely unintelligent their operation is.... :cheerleader:

hmm. thats crazy... i wonder if that dude used all his actual information?
and really 5k for What?? you can get an entire bike shipped for less then 1500..

2nd Maint... Bn.. thats funny... Rocky runs that place..

i was with 2nd Tanks FOREVER... 8yrs almost..

How dare you raise the price of the item $4800 once you found this moron has the intelligence of a Ratts Azz

Im not paying anymore than $4000

Now send me your Paypal info :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

$5K for slip on tips? Must be really nice.....I need some of those too!

Anyway, I guess the "agent" Greta is in on this? We should all send the fee in monopoly money to the address on the invoice/payment notification.....or send a box of poop! :whistle:

So is RJ LeVasseur $6600 richer ?
Is there really that amount in your fake paypal Acct or not ?
You get an email from them saying he paid you ?
So did he?

I'm confused ?

So is RJ LeVasseur $6600 richer ?
Is there really that amount in your fake paypal Acct or not ?
You get an email from them saying he paid you ?
So did he?

I'm confused ?

I believe the scam goes pay the 1500 an then paypal give you your 6500 probably a fake paypal email.

Well played. :thumbsup:

Now, as for those pipes would you take $4100 for them? If so, please just send me $1500 and we'll be all set:laugh:

I got the same scam this weekend. After a bunch of e-mails back and forth, him whining about being on the sea and not be able to do the western union shipping, Paypal having problems, etc.

I politely asked him if he was Military or Merchant Marine - no response. I do know that we have a lot of sailors are on the forum and was very happy to accommodate one of our best.

He wanted me to front the $250 for the shipping. I got the same type of Paypal e-mail. It just didn't look right so I compared it to some of the past Paypal e-mails - very close, but most of the hyperlinks didn't work. I bottom lined him by saying as soon as the monies are in my Paypal, I'll take care of the transaction. Dead silence!!
Was thinking about reporting the scam to Paypal. Still have the e-mail trail.

I am glad that this was brought up on the forums.

well played out and i guess greta fell through. :bowdown: hopefully, this dirtbag get's his/hers azz handed to them when they attempt to scam the wrong person.:whistle:

i did the samething about a year ago when i had a CPU listed on CL. except this person wanted me to ship to nigeria. so i went along with it even got the email like you did saying i received money. i went ahead and called paypal and asked about the other persons paypal account and she said there wasn't one.

so at the end they kept asking for a tracking number so i sent them one of those inspirational pictures that said F you with a 1940's picture of a guy flipping you off. i never got a response from that :-)

Back