Craigslist Scams

Here's one I got the other day. I asked if they still have this golf cart thingamagig. They sell base price for over $10,500 and this is a 4 seater.
This was the reply I got back.

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in buying my golf cart. My 2007 Gem E4 Golf Cart is in great shape, no engine problems, damages or hidden defects. It was always garaged. I`m a single mother with 2 children and I have to work very hard to maintain my family. I`m selling it so cheap because I have problems with money.
The price is $2,400.00. We will use eBay`s protection program for our safety.
I just need your full name and address so I can open a case .(with no further obligation or fees).If you are still interested email me for picture and details.

My best wishes and I'm waiting your response so we can move forward with this deal.

Details about the golf cart:

2007 Gem e4 with only 265 Miles. Great condition, Runs great, new batteries and charger runs like new. Lots of upgrades including; chrome front bumper, HID headlights, Stereo and dome light, pick up cargo bed, Canvas doors, heater, Enkei wheels and toyo tires. Stock wheels and tires are included.

I emailed her back and asked for HER address and phone number and I'd be by tonight or tomorrow :laugh:

Of course the ad is gone now when I looked for it so I could post a picture but here's a google picture. Funny thing is, they used the exact same picture of the cart with a different background. The cart is cut out of this picture.

gem-e4-golf%20-cart.jpg

I got a simular email when I found an 06 Busa listed for $2600.00.
Busa was listed in NM.
Me: I am 2 hours away, when can I look at it, I will bring cash.
Seller: Oh, I move to Montana and the bike is with me.
Me: My brother lives close to where you are, can he come and look at it? He will have full cash payment.
Seller:............:whistle:

Good idea Schexy1, think I'm going to use it...

Hi again,

You can see more pictures here Pictures by ameliah431 - Photobucket
Please take a few moments and read my email carefully, I know it is long, but because I received too many offers, I will explain all the details about the transaction. The golf cart is located in Dayton, OH (i just moved here with my new job) is already crated at the shipping company ready to be sent to any location anywhere in USA,like i told you i'll like to use ebay purchase protection because is safe for both,let me tell you how it work:

1. Buyer, seller reach an agreement (price and delivery conditions)
2. Buyer sends money to eBay.
3. eBay confirms to seller that the amount has been received.
4. Seller performs the required services (shipping, insurance).
5. Buyer accepts delivery and informs eBay about the acceptance.
6. eBay releases the money to seller.
As you can see, you will receive the golf cart BEFORE any money is released to me. You will get the chance to inspect it, test drive it and everything you like while your money is still safely held in eBay's account. ONLY after you confirm to eBay that you agree with the golf cart, they will release the money to me.
If, for some reason, you disagree with the golf cart (I assure you that is NOT going to happen since my golf cart is in IMMACULATE condition inside and out) it will be shipped back to me on MY EXPENSE and eBay will send you your money back.

I need your full name and full shipping address so i can open this deal with eBay.

Thanks,

So I reply...

That works out wonderfully. I will be coming to Columbus OH Sat morning which is not too far away and can save on shipping costs. Just let me know where we can meet and maybe we can do lunch.

:rofl:

After reading that, I think they must use a scam letter template.:rofl:

If you get a response I bet they will say they don't have access to it for one reason or another.:banghead:

Hi again!

If you decide to buy it, i must let you know that the deal will be made only through ebay, because i had some bad experience with a couple of so-called buyers which as soon as they found out that i'm a single mother, they tried to make a move on me. I am telling you this because, for my own safety, i decided not to meet the person i'm selling the golf cart, as long as i don't have to meet nobody to close this deal (please don't take this personal but they're a lot of freaks online). If you agree to my conditions please tell me so i will know what i have to do.
Please email me asap

Regards

What's funny to me is they actually keep it up like they don't have any idea people know it's a scam, but I guess they figure why not...nothing to lose.

Maybe I'll see if she wants to be set up on a blind date~!~ :rofl:

Last reply, I'm sure I won't hear back

Ok, set up the order when you are ready...

FBI Headquarters
935 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, D.C. 20535-0001
(202) 324-3000

Thanks,

I got a scam tryin to buy my wifes car first email was asking if i still had it (no one has even replied yet lol)
Then second one talkin about sending a company to come get it trusting me and wanting to use paypal ?? Wtf do they not realize most know its all scams?

I got sick of reading email like that, so now when I post anything I will include, "THIS IS A CASH ONLY, LOCAL PICK-UP, NO SCAMS SALE" :laugh:
It has reduce the scams emails, but once in a while they still show:dunno:

Back