Craigslist Scams

Twobrothersbusa

Team Gixxer Racing; IDMBT #1
Donating Member
Registered
What is it with this stuff....I got this in response to me trying to sell my fairings off my GSXR.

Thanks for the prompt response.. I am ready to buy it now as a gift for my Son,I am at sea at the moment as i am a marine engineer and due to the nature of my Job.....phone calls making and visiting of website are restricted but i squeezed out time to check this advert and send you an email regarding it. I really want it to be a surprise for my son i wont let him know anything about it until it gets delivered to him, i am sure he will be more than happy with it. I insisted on paypal because i don't have access to my bank account online as i don't have internet banking, but i can pay from my paypal account, as i have my bank a/c attached to it,Get back to me with your paypal email and the price so i can proceed with the payment quickly or you sign-up for a paypal personal account www.paypal.com it is very fast and easy to set up. I have a pick up agent that will come and pick it up after i have made the payments.

Thanks

Well...since you are ex-Navy, and your Brother in Law......well.....I think you could catch him if he's lying....:laugh:

I don't get where it's a scam. Unusual circumstances in the reply, but a PayPal addy (usually an email addy) is needed to transfer funds. The account is password protected. I'm more leary about giving checks and credit cards where an account# is given.

Google marine engineer and craigslist....scam scam scam.

I don't get where it's a scam. Unusual circumstances in the reply, but a PayPal addy (usually an email addy) is needed to transfer funds. The account is password protected. I'm more leary about giving checks and credit cards where an account# is given.

Google marine engineer and craigslist....scam scam scam.

Yeah, it has scam written all over it. But I don't uderstand either how they scam you with Paypal.
Unless you sent your item to them before there is money transferred to your Paypal account????

They have access to someone else's account. Seller recieves money and ships items. Fraud is reported and money is taken from seller's account.

Paypals insurance is a scam within itself. They insure the buyer will get his money back if scammed, but only if funds are available in the sellers account. The seller is not insured and they loose money/product if the buyer is scamming.

I dont do Craigslist paypal at all, and only do paypal transactions with reputable business's or people I know. Juli wanted to have a garage sale and I hate those things, so I have used craigslist alot in the last few weeks. Bicycles, treadmill, bow, furniture, etc. I have a 52" flat panel on there now, which makes me nervous because the buyer will have to pick it up. I always go armed and with another person just in case.

The seller is notified, account locked and funds held until investigation is complete. The seller can't use their account or funds in it until the investigation is finished. If you have 2K in your paypal account all of it will unavailable even reported fraud was for $1.

Craigslist for me? In person, public place, cash only. Short, quick emails are awesome! I like a drama-free, story-free, simple transaction.

Back