The Pashnit Gen3 is now red

The red and gold reminds me of....

iron man film GIF

Did the upgrades to the brakes make a noticeable or significant difference?

Wave rotors are for looks. They just look cool. And stock is boring. :laugh: However, Galfer claims stopping power of their wave rotors are 30% greater than stock round disk designs. The shape of the waves are engineered in such a way to enable the disc to provide constant new braking surface while the brake pad is trying to establish that bite as the disc is rotating. And btw, we've argued over wave rotors ad nauseam on this forum (any brand) many times over. No clear winners. Some love the wave rotors, the purists think they're just dumb. A secondary argument we've had here on this forum is expensive rotors like Galfer vs the cheap China copies of EBC rotors you can buy off eBay, better, worse, same? Personally, I want a quality name and I'll pay extra for that vs the china copies.

I'm a huge fan of the EBC Extreme Pro Pads. They are expensive (twice the cost of normal HH sintered pads) but the Extreme Pro Pads are one step below a race pad (that needs heat to work) and have an amazing amount of bite. If you do aggressive canyon riding which is everywhere here in California, I want the best brakes. Admittedly I've still got the stock lines on the Gen3 and if you really want a serious braking upgrade, do stainless steel lines first, then aggressive pads. If you have lots of cash & are befuddled what to do with it, toss the stock brake master cylinders and go to a Accosato or Brembo radial master cylinder.

How was the fitment and quality of paint? Looks great in the pics, just curious if any major blems or issues? For the price, its hard to entertain trying it, I want my bike to be named the spool bus, but sorta need it to be yellow for that to make sense.
I'm not an extended guy but I hope you have some sort of extended arm planned... You don't want to ride the short bus.

However, I always thought blue was your color......?

It is for sure. Three out of four Hayabusa's I've owned were blue. However, having no idea what the bike would look like was too much of a leap of faith for me vs having the red kit to stare at for weeks on end. I don't know if other fairing kit brands do this, but Monster will custom paint anything you want any color you want. My problem with that is I'm very colorblind and have no idea what I'm looking at. Monster offers nearly 80 different shades of blue they'll custom paint your kit.

This is a bit overwhelming. And thankfully, I have a wife to figure out color stuff for me.

In the end, the fairing kits are not that expensive, figured if I really hated the red, I could sell it off along with the stock black pieces and break even when I roll the dice and order a custom made fairing kit in blue.

And this isn't even all the shades of blue they offer, there's even more of them.... My request would be ya know the '00 blue/silver Busa, can you do that, or can you do the '08 blue? Whatever color that is, do that. :laugh:
1708479918040.png

It is for sure. Three out of four Hayabusa's I've owned were blue. However, having no idea what the bike would look like was too much of a leap of faith for me vs having the red kit to stare at for weeks on end. I don't know if other fairing kit brands do this, but Monster will custom paint anything you want any color you want. My problem with that is I'm very colorblind and have no idea what I'm looking at. Monster offers nearly 80 different shades of blue they'll custom paint your kit.

This is a bit overwhelming. And thankfully, I have a wife to figure out color stuff for me.

In the end, the fairing kits are not that expensive, figured if I really hated the red, I could sell it off along with the stock black pieces and break even when I roll the dice and order a custom made fairing kit in blue.

And this isn't even all the shades of blue they offer, there's even more of them.... My request would be ya know the '00 blue/silver Busa, can you do that, or can you do the '08 blue? Whatever color that is, do that. :laugh:
View attachment 1678932

You really must be color blind. I see eight green, one white and one lavender on that sample grid of blues. :D

How was the fitment and quality of paint? Looks great in the pics, just curious if any major blems or issues? For the price, its hard to entertain trying it, I want my bike to be named the spool bus, but sorta need it to be yellow for that to make sense.
We all want to ride your Yellow Submarine! Spool bus is perfect!

Hi, just wondering what windscreen you have on it now? I've been looking for a black windscreen similar to stock height but only found the zero gravity SR which is out of stock, 2 month lead time and they want $165 after shipping for it. Thanks!

I ordered two Zero Gravity screens in October, and got them in February. I knew it would take a long time, so just put in the order and waited. I didn't mess with any resellers (the Gen3 is too new to expect anybody to have in stock) and just ordered them direct from Zero Gravity. I used to be a dealer for Zero Gravity and like their stuff. It works. ZG also tells you up front to expect 8-10 week lead time.

I got a clear SR (stock replacement) screen ($110) which is my summer screen. Also got a ST (sport-touring) screen in clear ($120). Not many owners run clear screens on the Hayabusa, but I like it. I installed the Sport-Touring screen and it promptly rained on my first tour with the ST screen. I like it. It works for me.

DSC04728(2).jpg

DSC04730.jpg

DSC04756-I.jpg

DSC04862-I.jpg

DSC04964.jpg

The red and gold reminds me of....

View attachment 1678929
Totally the Iron Man vibe "Tim-uh-tee". Nonetheless, I still ride my 05' with the candy red and black, and there's a reason the 22' is pearl metallic orange. Of course you had something to do with that. I am absolutely in love with that candy red. It's darker, but the visibility factor and the addition of the horn is spot-on !!!!

I'll admit to being somewhat susceptible to FB ads. I have bought cat stuff for my wife, gifts, seeds of my garden, motorcycle stuff. It works on me. I even just got these new screw in tire plugger kit things, I need to try them out.

So when this popped up, I bookmarked the link and stared at it for weeks.

View attachment 1678865

View attachment 1678866

View attachment 1678867

View attachment 1678868

This is only the second time I've purchased a near new bike. My Gen3 had 1500 miles on it when I got it. And I promised myself I wouldn't mod it till I had put a years worth of riding on the bike. First time I did this was when I bought my 08. It was 3 years old and had 900 miles on it. Just sat in the guys garage. It was so new it still had the three-year-old chain wax on it from the dealer. Promised myself I'd wait a year of riding before completely changing everything. Worked on my 08 for three years modding it till it was perfect for my needs. But red, huh?

Last time I had a red bike was my Kawasaki ZX-11D. Loved the bike. Rode it everywhere, put 15,000 miles on it in the first nine months.

What evolution looks like: From the FJ1200 to the ZX-11D to the Hayabusa.

View attachment 1678869

My 2024 Pashnit Motorcycle Tours season ended and it was time for winter mods. Really would like to get some Galfer Wave Rotors, go to EBC pads, SuperSprox sprocket and taller windscreen. To start.

After quite some time of staring at these pics, I threw the switch & ordered the kit.
How is the fitment. I'm thinking of ordering the black and purple ones from Monster.

Back