The Pashnit Gen3 is now red

pashnit

Donating Member
Site Sponsor
Registered
I'll admit to being somewhat susceptible to FB ads. I have bought cat stuff for my wife, gifts, seeds of my garden, motorcycle stuff. It works on me. I even just got these new screw in tire plugger kit things, I need to try them out.

So when this popped up, I bookmarked the link and stared at it for weeks.

monster-fairings-1.jpg

monster-fairings-2.jpg

monster-fairings-3.jpg

monster-fairings-4.jpg

This is only the second time I've purchased a near new bike. My Gen3 had 1500 miles on it when I got it. And I promised myself I wouldn't mod it till I had put a years worth of riding on the bike. First time I did this was when I bought my 08. It was 3 years old and had 900 miles on it. Just sat in the guys garage. It was so new it still had the three-year-old chain wax on it from the dealer. Promised myself I'd wait a year of riding before completely changing everything. Worked on my 08 for three years modding it till it was perfect for my needs. But red, huh?

Last time I had a red bike was my Kawasaki ZX-11D. Loved the bike. Rode it everywhere, put 15,000 miles on it in the first nine months.

What evolution looks like: From the FJ1200 to the ZX-11D to the Hayabusa.

PICT1170.JPG

My 2024 Pashnit Motorcycle Tours season ended and it was time for winter mods. Really would like to get some Galfer Wave Rotors, go to EBC pads, SuperSprox sprocket and taller windscreen. To start.

After quite some time of staring at these pics, I threw the switch & ordered the kit.

It barely fits under the left side air intake

20240120_153118.jpg

Didn't bother to disconnect the stock horn, just plumbed directly into the stock horn.

It works. Pretty loud, and much louder than stock. Great for honking at people. No beep beep horn anymore.

20240120_084301.jpg

It needs something.

20240121_170023.jpg

Yup, that's better.

20240121_170342.jpg

20240121_191106.jpg

20240127_161105.jpg

I ordered new sprockets from SuperSprox in October - still don't have them. Not sure if I'll ever get them.

Ordered windscreens from Zero Gravity in October, I just got them a few days ago.

Last edited:
How was the fitment and quality of paint? Looks great in the pics, just curious if any major blems or issues? For the price, its hard to entertain trying it, I want my bike to be named the spool bus, but sorta need it to be yellow for that to make sense.

Back