The K5

Congrats Shen!! That is one sweet looking ride.
thumbs-up.gif

I don't know Shenoy: After seeing the all black K5, I might actually like it MUCH MORE THAN THE BUSA!! I rode a K5 over the weekend too. I'm even more intent on getting a K6 (Red/Black). The acceleration is truly wicked but that Torque/"umphhhh" isn't as hard as the Busa though. I thought the ergos were easier on my lower back than the Busa was. Handling and flickablity are truly first class. It's gonna make track dayz an awesome experience.
The K5 is a good bike!! A class apart I can say... If im not mistaken the K6 and K5 are technically the same right
rock.gif
Its just the colors...
YUP!!! Same bike, different colors. They're all out of K5's where I live so I'm gonna have to wait for the K6's. But some places here in southern cali already have them.

Shen, Nice bike, and this is the first time I seen you in pics - I imagined you much greener, shorter, & much less hair
tounge.gif

Nice flight deck on her. Things the busa should have, a gear indicator and a shift light. Look real good though, you are a lucky man.
thumbs-up.gif

The K5 came into my hands two days back people. I was not able to ride much cause of rains... nevertheless I have put about 60 miles on the bike. Here is how i compare the K5 to the busa... and my preference
biggrin.gif

Looks: Hayabusa (Elenor)
Weight: K5
Handling: K5
Accelration: K5
Torque: Hayabusa
Seating Comfort (Rider): K5 / Hayabusa
Seating Comfort (Pillion): Hayabusa
Stock Exhaust: K5
Guages & Gizmos: K5
Brakes: K5
Gearbox / Clutch: Most definetly the K5
Build Quality: K5 / Hayabusa

From my first ride I feel the K5 accelrates faster than the Busa in the lower gears. The breaks are top class and are in no way inferior to Brembos... and the slipper clutch is really useful.

I dont think the K5 can ever take the place of a Hayabusa in my heart, but a bike that can do a lil over 100MPH in the first gear is diffinetly a hoot to ride.

Current Mods: Frame Sliders, Tank Pad
Mods on Order: BMC Race Air Filter, Akrapovic Full System (Titanium) and PCIII USB

...and Now for some Pics
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
congratulations on the new k5, and i agree with your comparison completely. if the gearbox on the Busa was as sweet as my 1000 and had a gear indicator like the 1000,i would have 2 perfect bikes.
idea.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Back