GSXR1000 K5

shenoyp

Hayabusa Master Jedi
Donating Member
Registered
Well guys as most of you might be knowing, I'm getting a k5 as a stable mate for Elenor
biggrin.gif

Now here is the problem - I used to buy all my spares for Elenor over http://www.bikebandit.com ... today I checked the out hoping to stock up some essential spares for the K5, and to my shock I did not find any on it.

Well where can I get spares for the K5 online? Some place that ships internationally...!!

HELP ... HELP

Thanks in advance
bowdown.gif

My suggestion would be to call bikebandit if they have a listed phone # and see if they have the stuff. The 05 gixxers are just hittin' the market in mass so maybe the web vendors just haven't got their stock of parts for them yet, or maybe they have parts but just haven't gotten them up on their site yet.
rock.gif

What in the world do you mean by spares? Spare OEM parts? Aftermarket items?

My suggestion would be to call bikebandit if they have a listed phone # and see if they have the stuff. The 05 gixxers are just hittin' the market in mass so maybe the web vendors just haven't got their stock of parts for them yet, or maybe they have parts but just haven't gotten them up on their site yet.
rock.gif
Yeah, you have a point BT... I think i'll call them up today!! BTW do you know of any other website that I sould be checking out... something in line with bikebandit
rock.gif

rock.gif

All kinds of sites out there. Do a search for 'Hayabusa accessories', Hayabusa parts', 'Motorcycles accessories', or 'Motorcycle parts".

All kinds of sites out there.  Do a search for 'Hayabusa accessories', Hayabusa parts', 'Motorcycles accessories', or 'Motorcycle parts".
BigBSBusa... i dont want it for the haybusa, I want a site that stocks up spares for the gsxr1000 k5 !!!
Fingers were working faster than the brain.  Don't know why I typed 'Hayabusa', but meant 'GSXR1000'.  Will probably net the same things.
yeah bro, I will do a net search today night... and also call bikebandit.com to find out if they have te spares in stock with them!!

...it will also be might helpful, if some board member suggests a site. cause I dont live in the US, I have to be pretty cautious with whome I deal on the net. If one of the board member recomends me some place on the net where I can buy stuff... I know for sure I'm getting the right information.

smile.gif

...anyway, looks like no one wants to help poor ol me on this one
sad.gif
tounge.gif

Shen....don't know how I can help....

How is the shipping from US to your place? Don't know how much assistance i can offer, but I'm willing to help.

Shen....don't know how I can help....

How is the shipping from US to your place? Don't know how much assistance i can offer, but I'm willing to help.
The best way to ship into India is through FedEx or UPS
smile.gif
...those guys have a very good way with the Indian customs.

Thanks for the ofer Pacific!!
biggrin.gif

If i dont find any online store, then I'll trouble you for help... I hope you wont mind
wink.gif

not at all, bro....not at all.

Doesn't UPS and FedEx rape you on the shipping charges, though? They sure try an do that to us over here.

Imagine.... $42 to send out an envelope! Good lord...

not at all, bro....not at all.

Doesn't UPS and FedEx rape you on the shipping charges, though? They sure try an do that to us over here.

Imagine.... $42 to send out an envelope! Good lord...
Totally agree with you pacific!! FedEx does rape us on the charges... but here in India, the customs is pretty strict. FedEx & UPS have some sort of a backdoor tie up with the cutoms authority... so the shipment comes in a whole lot easier ... plus the duty charged is fair.

For example... I ordered something over eBay a couple of days back and the gentalman who I delt with, shipped the stuff to me via regular US Airmail. US Airmail does not do customs clearence... they just get the parcel into India, and Its our responsibality to clear it. So I go over to Bangalore customs and give them a letter that I'm ready to pay the duty... and those a$$holes want me to pay $200+ duty for something that cost me $100!!

So weighing all the evil, I think id rather be raped by FedEx or UPS rather than Indian Customs
tounge.gif
tounge.gif

biggrin.gif

tounge.gif

Back