The Hump....

papi_ocho

Registered
i decided today after my first ride on the beast two things..

1 this bike is pretty tame.. as long as u treat it tame, gentle, smooth etc
i was expecting uncontrolable boosts of speed, torque. but no.. i like it

2.. that dam hump is not there for aerodynamics or asthetics or any of that junk.. the good lord put this here to keep my BUTT in the seat and on the bike.

i pegged the throttle on a pretty decent stretch, same place i blast my other bike on a regular basis.. :whistle:

AND all i can say is OMG.. this thing is fast. couldn't say how fast i was going there was no time the highway divider was coming FASTER than usual. i really did peg the throttle and i really did slide back and hit the hump. I LIKE IT!!! :bowdown:

i love being a noob...lmao!!!

i love being a noob...lmao!!!

You make it sound like the feeling will go away. I've had my Busa for 9 months and over 6000 miles, and the rush is still there each time I crack the throttle. :super:

Wait until you hammer it from a dead stop and run her pinned through a few gears. Heres the best analogy I have come up with, set in a metal folding chair and have someone hit you square in the rear with a sledge hammer.:laugh:

Wait until you hammer it from a dead stop and run her pinned through a few gears. Heres the best analogy I have come up with, set in a metal folding chair and have someone hit you square in the rear with a sledge hammer.:laugh:

wait a min!!!
is that the hump hitting you like a hammer? in the rear??
thats weird!! :moon:

might of forgot to mention that i get motion sickness...

after i let off and made the slight turn.. i was undecided to pull over and throw-up my burrito or smile :rofl:

I was referring to the acceleration, but the hump will get ya if you don't hold on with your legs:moon::laugh:

:welcome: aboard!

Now that you have tasted the Busa's awsomeness you will want more. And yes, I know that's not a word. :laugh: Once you get used to it you will start finding reasons to justify "Mod Money" to make it faster. :whistle:

Now get you a Tobin seat.

The lip in the back will stop you from sliding back, You will become part of the bike. :cheerleader:

lol.. justify a turbo... It took me 2yrs almost to justify the ENTIRE bike. even then I had to make a deal with the devil to get it

:( I sold my soul!
she can have whatever she wants WHATEVER. so I would be able to get the bike I wanted AND keep my old one..

if I would of picked up a HOG or someother cruser she would of got a hand shake and a hug.

NOW she says it may be "comphy enouph" and if she gets used to riding it I may be shopping around for another bike....for ME... WT??
Posted via Mobile Device

You never get sick of power like that !

Were did you do the deal ? I tried to sell my soul, but no one was buying ! :beerchug:

Wait until you hammer it from a dead stop and run her pinned through a few gears.
Why would ya wanna do that unless you like flat spotting tires?

Heres the best analogy I have come up with, set in a metal folding chair and have someone hit you square in the rear with a sledge hammer.:laugh:
That analogy had the impact of a sledge hammer hitting a pile of goose down pillows. ???

You never get sick of power like that !

Were did you do the deal ? I tried to sell my soul, but no one was buying ! :beerchug:

ha.... wifes buy sell trade anything of value when it comes to getting a fancy ! (put whatever u like in the blank)

as I was pulling the car out of the garage this morning. I pointed @ the bike with this grim-like I'm leagalizing the bike today

SO DID SHE!! :(
I may be buying a second one sooner than later
her grin had the confidance of my soul in her pocket! more sad :((
my pocket is starting to hurt..
Posted via Mobile Device

Why would ya wanna do that unless you like flat spotting tires?

That analogy had the impact of a sledge hammer hitting a pile of goose down pillows. ???

I didn't mean twist it to the stop and dump the clutch. I meant run it through the gears pinned as soon as you get traction from a stop. Nobody likes a smart A**:moon:

Last edited:
Back