THE HUMP STORAGE MOD HOW TO!

FYI, you can get the stuff from Mcmaster-Carr. I just need to measure the length of the Knurled head stud and I will order. You have to order in package quantity but it still is pretty cheap.

If interested go to their web page and it's on page 3026.

d00d if you are drinking whiskey and riding a busa I hope you get caught....atleast you won't die that way:laugh:
He didn't say he was drinking and driving. Ever been out on a ride and wanted to stop by and get something for after you get home? :super: I think that was his jist...
then why would he want to hide it? Its not illegal to have alcohol in your vehicle if its not open or if your not drinking it. Why hide it then? I guess I'm trying to find some rational in why he would hide it if he's not drinking it. Gee officer I just stopped by the store to get some booze to have later at home.....sue me..... :laugh:

southco as posted above

quarter turn clip receptacles in steel 82-47-113-15

Sealing washer
82-43-201-38

Retainers to hold knurled quarter turns
82-32-201-20

Medium sized knurlled quarter turn knobs
Hey Ice,thanks for the part numbers,but do you happen to know the number or size for the pins/knobs?There are several of them listed probably for different panel thicknesses.

:-) good thing these can be found. I finally did this storage mod in the fall and keep my gloves and a long sleeve shirt in there. I used winged 1/4 turn fastners that are Mil-Spec camloks. the receptacle fits in nicely and is held with a small pop rivet.

http://coastalcompucare.us/busa <-- for a look at my pumpkin special.

You could cut out a hole in the middle of the white piece with some success but I think if you cut the white part out completely from just behind the hooks to just in front of the latch braket, it would not be strong enough. The latch is forward of the mounting bolts and would torque around the bolts whenever a force was applied. Eventually this may crack the hump or break the white plastic. Similarly the hooks are going to flex a bit. It might make the hump fit more loosely and vibrate at speed as wind buffets it? But the latch would definately flex each time you push down on the hump to close it.

I like the "stash" effect of a removable white plate. Its a good place to hide whiskey. When I am digging into the hump for for my registration for the officer, the bottle won't be obvious or fall out on the ground.
750 ml and jacket liner fit easily......
drinka.gif

Sorry but I wasnt paying attention. DUh. When I ordered the part numbers above I asked for the quarter turns that went with them. I was under the impression there was only one size. If you do the wing nut version PLEASE spray paint the wing nuts BRIGHT ORANGE so you can find them in the dark.

ICE

I did a "hump mod" by taking off the white base plate and cutting the middle out of it with a fretsaw....when I replaced it I used a piece of elastic netting (cut to size) and captured it between the base and the hump and hooked each corner around the fasteners to hold it in place...I gotta say,..it works sweet ...

Back