THE HUMP STORAGE MOD HOW TO!

ICEMANN

Registered
The hump storage mod in a nutshell!

post-11-50924-hump.gif

First remove the hump white plastic floor by removing the four bolts.
Remove the four threaded receiver plates that the bolts screwed into.

Replace the threaded receiver plates with identical quarter turn receiver plates. They press into place.

post-11-51073-receiver.gif

Place a knurrled quarter turn knob into the white plastic "floor" and secure it with the press on clamp. It allows the Knob to hang into the hole with out falling out. You may need to file down the knobs for clearance. Minor

post-11-50970-humpknob.gif

post-11-51020-securingring.gif

Repeat with the other three bolts.

You should now have a white floor with four knobs dangling from the holes. Place white floor into hump shell, align knobs into receivers and turn a quarter turn. Hump floor secured.

You can do a search for the quarter turn parts and request a sample. You will get all parts needed for FREE!

ICEMANN!

IceMann, As allways, You the Man... Thanks a lot.

Rev

Icemann, do you know the part numbers of the knob, retainer and receptacle you used? And the sites I have researched want fedex or ups account numbers. Did you need to supply one to receive your samples? Thanks for any info. I like the mod, just having trouble finding the parts. Bob

I couldn't find the parts locally. What source did find Flrider? You can get an account number for free from Fedex. It comes in handy when you need to ship something quick. Just box it, stick a label on it, and drop it in a fedex pickup box or at an Agent. They bill your credit card.

Hey Flrider,

Thanks for the link! There are a bunch of the knurled knob part numbers. Do you happen to know which is the right one???

Thanks

Kent

Icemann, do you know the part numbers of the knob, retainer and receptacle you used? And the sites I have researched want fedex or ups account numbers. Did you need to supply one to receive your samples? Thanks for any info. I like the mod, just having trouble finding the parts. Bob

FL...  Where in Nor Cal are you?  I'll be getting some soon and we could go in on the order... posibly w/ Drew or one of the others around here....  I'm in the Bay Area, Pacifica.

Iceman's mod is w/ 4 fastners.  I'm going to use 2 and a hinge across the front lobes.  Which way are you going to go w/ it?

Also, I've done the Hump/Handrail and documented it here:Busa Pages

Rus, I am near Sacramento. I tried to get some samples from the only supplier I could find to no avail. I was going to use the 4 captive nuts and knobs but if there is a better way to mod the plate, I am open for it. With a hinge the plate will never go anywhere when open. I like that idea. If you come up with the parts let me know and will pay for them and shipping to here. Thanks, Bob

LOL... Sac is but a short hop on 80... When I get it I'll post the pictures and if ya want some I'll blast up there myself!!! Wanted to ride the Busa to Tahoe the other week for the summer family outing... Just did not think the wife would take to kindly to it.

:devil:

Sounds good, put up some pics when you get your mod done. I am doing the grab bar mod now. Thanks again......:)

southco as posted above

quarter turn clip receptacles in steel 82-47-113-15

Sealing washer
82-43-201-38

Retainers to hold knurled quarter turns
82-32-201-20

Medium sized knurlled quarter turn knobs

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the part #'s icemann. I amgoing to contact South co today and see about ordering parts - I will order some extra sets so let me know if you guys want some. If I get them shipped to me I will send them out at cost. I am in the SF Bay area.

Kent Sheldon

Back