Hump Storage Modification

I know this is an old thread but I couldn't find any other info. I like the setup of this mod but when I searched the website mentioned to get the parts none of the part numbers come up. Can anyone help me out?

I got it. I talked with a nice lady from Spruce and she helped me figure out my mistake when searching for the part numbers. I just placed my order :thumbsup:

Got the parts and installed them tonight. Not a bad mod, screw driver and a 10ml socket and ratchet and a small extension and you in business. Can't wait to try it out tomorrow. Wooohooo

A liquid socket? 10ml doesn't sound that helpful :poke:

Got the parts and installed them tonight. Not a bad mod, screw driver and a 10ml socket and ratchet and a small extension and you in business. Can't wait to try it out tomorrow. Wooohooo

Bump for this mod. Did it on my Gen1 but never did on my Gen2 in the 4 1/2 years I've had it. No clue why, guess I forgot about it when I couldn't fit my rain jacket/pants/booties in it. Time to get a new rain suit, that one is 12+ years old anyways, lol

I had to go by Lowe's and did something little different because I'm impatient, lol. Got some 3/4" long by 1/4"-20 wing bolts and clips to try for total of $6. Looks like they'll work put, tho the 1/4 turn would have been easier.

I shouldn't have been impatient. Front wing bolts were okay, but rear ones hit on the big allen head bolts. Anyone else have this issue on a Gen2?

Well I just bought a set from spruce. Just bumping the thread and letting people know they can still get the parts from aircraft spruce. It was 11.50 ish delivered. Less than lunch at Mikky Ds!
Thanks OP still going after all these years. You would almost think Suzuki would do something like this from factory. My Gen 2 has a hole you can shove stuff up into it which would work fine for cloths but for anything larger you need this mod.

Last edited:
Back