Hump storage mod....Help!

UR IT!

MIDNIGHT FALCON
Donating Member
Registered
I've done three different searches for the hump storage mod and can't find it in any of the threads....I can't remember who it was that did it last and posted it on here but I need help trying to locate that thread.....Anyone remember where it was?

Thanks in advance!

Dan
egitarre77.gif

Wow, that mod goes waaayyyyy back . I remember when someone made a website how do this. But that was in the end of 2004 and beginning 0f 2005.

Yep! That's it...thanks alot!
I've been putting off doing this mod for a loooong time and this past week I got a wild hair to finally get it done... It'll be a great place to store my clear face shield....and some other crap.
Anyway I found the winged screws at Home Depot but I'd like to hinge the backside for easier/quicker access. I couldn't remember if the others had found the hinges or not....I'm having some trouble finding the single hinge type and I was hoping to find a lead to find them in the threads.

Thanks again!

Dan

Would you post whoring this when you're done? I would like to have a place to store my clear/tinted visor, I'm sick of riding at night with my tinted visor on!
sad.gif

I dont think you can get a shield in there. I cant on mine anyway. Let me know how you get it done.

i bought the pieces from humpmod.com and they work very well. you could do the same thing by getting a bolt with out a head and using wingnuts to hold the white cover in place. might take a bit more time than using the quarter turn wingnuts humpmod.com uses, but shouldn't cost more than 5 bucks or so. have no problem carrying a camera, wallet, and an exta pair of gloves with this mod. now i can get rid of them man purse i was carrying around my waist!!
wow.gif
laugh.gif

You know that rod used to prop up the tank found in the storage area of the bike? Well I have a socket attached to a 4" extension and I rubber-banded that to the rod.

No need for me to mod anything. Cheap and lazy ... but still effective, just like me
biggrin.gif

I'm lazy. So Ig's humpmod.com took like a couple minutes to swap out the bolts and done. Can't be beat for $12 via paypal- arrives at my door couple days later.

Hump is big enough I can store the Geza Pro Stretch Cover in there, so now I can take bike cover anywhere with me. Awesome!

This is one of those mods I should have done years ago!
tounge.gif

Back