The end ?

you can buy a brand new 2018 Hayabusa on the dealership floor in Miami right now for $10988

I looked into that... til they hit you with OTD fees, ended up with 13.7. My dealer worked with me and I got 12.5 OTD after taxes AND papers/tags.

Yep I tried the same. They had it advertised at 10,400 or something like that. Was close to 13.5 otd for me.

I know! all the shops did it lmao. I called out of state and was like, I'll fly over cash in hand and ride it back. No go.

I did, however, use their online prices as a bargaining tool with the shop here owned by a family friend.

Yes,
Call them and see

They are advertised locally on a regular basis with otd prices, and they are all reputable dealers.
zx14's are way under retail too.
Lynchburg Honda/Suzuki has nationally competitive prices.
My friend's '19 Honda 450L retailed for almost $14k...he paid $10,500 otd, and that bike is in demand and living up to it's hype.
All their pricing is really, really good.

If that is somehow true than thats a steal. Tax is $700 alone + licensing is probably what $250? So that means you are paying under $10,000 for a busa including freight and setup. How are they making money?

If that is somehow true than thats a steal. Tax is $700 alone + licensing is probably what $250? So that means you are paying under $10,000 for a busa including freight and setup. How are they making money?

Selling warranties and accessories, I'm assuming. I don't see how they're making any money.. my friends that owns a dealership even says they barely make anything from 12.5k OTD.

Volume
I got my gen2 there in 09 for $9700 otd.
Prices really didn't change til abs, and they quickly fell back below the $13k+ retail.

Dealer in Hickory NC has new 18 Busas listed for $10,697+ tax, tags, title....but that's asking price, and Busas aren't big sellers anymore.
It'll go out the door for not much more than that.

Cost of living in Lynchburg is so much lower than alot of the bigger cities too.
Prices on everything are better.
Until about 5 years ago, you could buy any 1k, busa, zx14 for $10k or less otd here.
Modern electronics, abs, traction, etc skyrocketed retail prices to the $15-20k range.
$15-$18k is retail on new gsxr1k's, and 1kR's
but the asking prices on '18s is $11,500-$13,500 around here.

Va state sales tax is 4.5%
And if you're an out of state cash buyer, of course you pay taxes in your own state, but dealers will usually give you a good deal, because they don't have tax or tags to fool with. Give them cash or check, sign a couple forms and you're done.

Unfortunately, a new bike can’t be purchased out of state and licensed in California. Even a used bike purchased out of state and brought into California must have at least 7,500 miles on it to be registered here.

Unfortunately, a new bike can’t be purchased out of state and licensed in California. Even a used bike purchased out of state and brought into California must have at least 7,500 miles on it to be registered here.

I had heard that here before.
Ridiculous, like at 7500 miles the emissions suddenly are better.

I actually remember something like that! You guys need to move into a normal place, also one with no emissions testing LOL

Emissions testing is crazy too.
It is not required to pass the annual Va state inspection(sticker in car windsheild, fork or swingarm on bike), but, if you live in liberal Va, aka, Northern Va...then their cities Do require it for Va state inspection.
I'm not complaining, since I'm 3 1/2 south of that mess. But, how can it be a mandated "state" inspection, but only required in certain areas(the rest of the inspection is tires, brakes, lights, etc).
More proof that even though polution needs to be controlled and eventually eliminated...governments are just out for the money.

Back