The Ego and the Chicken strip

I've never had eggs and chicken strips, but think about it: we eat eggs and bacon, and that is pork.

Chickens come from eggs, and eggs from chickens, so I think eggs and chicken strips is where it's at. Where is it? It is at the eggs and chicken strips.
Hi. I can not find my chicken strips

20230525_160212.jpg

20230525_160206.jpg

As a street rider, I like to focus on line selection and leaving that margin of error and lean only to the extent needed to navigate the turn.
Line selection? I've never even considered it. Lane selection sure, and position in the lane, yes, but if I concerned myself with a 'line' I'd be forever brushing the apex where the gravel and rubbish accumulates and putting my head in the path of oncoming vehicles :D
I know there are the odd corners that lend themselves to it but rarely on the first pass. As for the chicken strips I'm like you, I like to leave a cm for those Oh poop moments knowing I have it in reserve.

1st run in hills , now the motor is run in , the tires are excellent RS11 Bridgestones . I only use what I need of the tire carcass to get the turn done , I don't generally hangoff bike too much and always try for smooth entry / exit ... as we do . Still got more to come from this tire , it was flattened a bit from 9 hrs dyno tune , the chicken strip is still there , but I think it will go shortly without too much risky heroics . The 14R is sporting same tire , and it is only a couple rides from new too and chickens tenders are also there lol .

20240208_120043.jpg

20240210_170215.jpg

1st run in hills , now the motor is run in , the tires are excellent RS11 Bridgestones . I only use what I need of the tire carcass to get the turn done , I don't generally hangoff bike too much and always try for smooth entry / exit ... as we do . Still got more to come from this tire , it was flattened a bit from 9 hrs dyno tune , the chicken strip is still there , but I think it will go shortly without too much risky heroics . The 14R is sporting same tire , and it is only a couple rides from new too and chickens tenders are also there lol .

View attachment 1678182

View attachment 1678183

Nine hours on the torture rack?

Nine hours on the torture rack?
That is still not enough , the 2023 H2 Ninja last 1000rpm fueling restrictions still hasnt been cracked , so my tuner stopped at 13000 rpm , and is now in contact with Woolich to get this latest H2 model done . My bike spent 9 hours over 3 days , to get it where it is now , this is a full Woolich tune , not a generic download map / flash .

That is still not enough , the 2023 H2 Ninja last 1000rpm fueling restrictions still hasnt been cracked , so my tuner stopped at 13000 rpm , and is now in contact with Woolich to get this latest H2 model done . My bike spent 9 hours over 3 days , to get it where it is now , this is a full Woolich tune , not a generic download map / flash .

I didn’t much like it when I had my CBXs on the wheel. That abrupt throttle closing @ redline really made me cringe. Why can’t they pull the clutch in? lol

I didn’t much like it when I had my CBXs on the wheel. That abrupt throttle closing @ redline really made me cringe. Why can’t they pull the clutch in? lol
Some people certainly chop the throttle , I was not present to this tune , but the last he did to my ZX14R , I was , and he is pretty mechanical sympathetic , which I like .

That's a killer bike roadtoad, you have me jealous, now tell me how the seating position is hard on your knees so I feel better ok. Oh, and in all the excitement I think you forgot to feed the dog :D
Well that was the surprise to me , it is good , well pretty good for short rides , 90 minutes with 1 good stop in between . I actually thought I would never fit on one comfortably , not so much the 6ft3"130kg ride weight ... but because both knees are due replacement as is my other remaining hip . But I love the old feeling of weight on wrists , like the old days ... but will always be a short ride bike . You are right , I took that a little while ago before posting , and that little bastard is hungry and impatient . Your BMW would be similar , except , I could not fit on an M1000RR on the day I tried .

Interesting that they put the rear brake rotor on the same side as the chain? At first glance I wondered if it might get contaminated.
I actually never thought about that bro , lol , but it is tucked away offset to chain on inspection , same as my Superduke single side arm . I think if you over douse the chain , you might at least get the caliper sprayed on , not to mention the wheel .

Your BMW would be similar , except , I could not fit on an M1000RR on the day I tried .
I don't think I've ever fitted on it lol, and I bought it on a rainy day and didn't test ride it either, but I've done that a few times in my life and never had regrets. I look stupid on it for sure because I'm 6' and 100kg but I do feel comfortable in the seat. It's just my right knee, something to do with the lower spine and the hamstrings, a problem that has been building for a few years. Some days it's fine, no dramas at all, other days my leg feels pinched as soon as I get on it. It's been a long time since I could get my toes up on the pegs.

I don't think I've ever fitted on it lol, and I bought it on a rainy day and didn't test ride it either, but I've done that a few times in my life and never had regrets. I look stupid on it for sure because I'm 6' and 100kg but I do feel comfortable in the seat. It's just my right knee, something to do with the lower spine and the hamstrings, a problem that has been building for a few years. Some days it's fine, no dramas at all, other days my leg feels pinched as soon as I get on it. It's been a long time since I could get my toes up on the pegs.
Yes , the peg height is the decider really , and when I first sat on a H2 , I was wearing jeans and it was terrible . So next time ( to secure that 2023 ) I went in my most comfortable ride clothes , and new I could adapt .
I'm guessing you have tried things like emu gel on your knees , or non drowsey pain killer to take the edge off ? Next , the arse to peg ratio , I have to look at your initial post to see the rearset type on the BMW , ( your pics dont blow up bigger ) . I am looking at webike , BMW S1000rr and there are a set of rearsets that go 20mm forward and 0 up , might change your seating a bit as well . You could have a look , they have a heap of sets on their . I was looking for seats , I found one quickly , below +40mm height , but go to webike and bring up manufacturers , and BMW , your model and have a look bro .
AELLA : Riding Footpeg Kit [AE-10057-WT]

Yes , the peg height is the decider really , and when I first sat on a H2 , I was wearing jeans and it was terrible . So next time ( to secure that 2023 ) I went in my most comfortable ride clothes , and new I could adapt .
I'm guessing you have tried things like emu gel on your knees , or non drowsey pain killer to take the edge off ? Next , the arse to peg ratio , I have to look at your initial post to see the rearset type on the BMW , ( your pics dont blow up bigger ) . I am looking at webike , BMW S1000rr and there are a set of rearsets that go 20mm forward and 0 up , might change your seating a bit as well . You could have a look , they have a heap of sets on their . I was looking for seats , I found one quickly , below +40mm height , but go to webike and bring up manufacturers , and BMW , your model and have a look bro .
AELLA : Riding Footpeg Kit [AE-10057-WT]
Yes it's all peg height and I have never been one to tamper with such, except on that T7 I bought. With that I installed these Pivotpegz, as dear as poison but much better than the little OEM ones and they also have the option of reversing the shafts so as to lower them 20mm. I did that to give me a closer to to the ground feel when standing up. Otherwise I have always just fitted myself to the bike as it was. I might look at lowering the pegs on the RR but I'd rather just do some regular leg stretching or workout that limbers my legs a bit. I's even starve off 10kg if I thought that would work :rolleyes:

As for Emu semen and all that, well I don't know if it would make that much of a difference, not that I'm against such remedies but I and the physio are pretty convinced it's bio-mechanical in origin. I rode it for hours without complaint not long ago, that's what gets me? I'm happy to see a physio, they don't prescribe pills or surgeries, I keep the hell away from doctors though, all they want to do is blame everything on smoking and that summer you spent fishing without a shirt 45 years ago. Total wankers now (IMO). I have the standard rearsets on mine And wtf do they call them rearsets? It's like, they are in the front... If you look at mine though there is a hell of a lot of room to lower them hey, and probably a hell of a lot of money to do it :laugh:

rearsets.jpg

See that funny little blanked off pipe at the end of the extractors. The 2018 model was the only one that had that and the matching can but when the previous owner replaced the headers he went with a set that had it? It had a akro shorty on when I bought it too but that had to go because it was as noisy as hell. Looked good though!

OLD CAN (5).jpg

Perhaps I could lower the pegs and take the lean angle sensors off...

Back