The Best ride of the Season

sccrvettel82

I've been quiet lately...Don't m
Donating Member
Registered
I just got back from my New Years day ride and it was amazing. On the way back home I was getting off the highway when I saw a Yellow and Black Viper GTS going the opposite direction on the highway. So, I got back on and caught up to him 2 exits down and we both got off and then got back on heading back in the opposite direction. I was sitting at 7,000 RPM's in 2nd gear just waiting for go time.

Then it happend! He nailed the gas and jumped about a half car length before I cranked it open. By the time I was shifting into 3rd gear I was pulling away pretty hard. Then we slowed back down for traffic, both of us in the left lane with one car in front of us. As soon as the car in front moved over he cracked it open again and moved into the right hand lane I got into it and was along side of him part way through 3rd gear and I never let off until I hit the top of 4th gear. So I shut him down pretty hard.

Then I slow it back down and he gets along side of me and is grinning like me from ear to ear he even gave me a thumbs up and we both waved and parted ways with a smile frozen to our faces. Mine was quite literally frozen becasue it was 34 degrees outside today
smile.gif

This was the some of the most fun I will probably have all season. It is so much fun to have a race like that and to have it between two people who have mutual respect for each others ride. That guy had a lot of class.

I also have to give him credit because he was pulling me on some of the high speed sweepers because it was cold and I wasn't ready to push the limits of the tires in this weather. Loads of fun, everyone should race a Viper.
smile.gif

smile.gif

Last year at the Busa Bash I had a guy with his girlfriend pull into a fuel station to get gas and I was fueling as well. He had a yellow viper with the top out. He said to me I hear those bikes are fast...and I looked at him and said yeah that Viper can't stay with me...he laughed and so did some of the guys I was with. Well he said you think its that bad and I said theres is no thinking its fact. Well I knew he didn't want to show his girlfriend he was just smack so I said to him why don't you just pull it out here and we will see what it would do...perfect 4 lane ahead very straight and I said you see that sign up there when you get there you better cut her loose cause you will history by the time we get to the first curve....he's like BS dude...I said well lets do it.....I cracked it open in second gear and never seen him again until I stopped up at the curve about 1/2 mile away....noticed she waved and he kept going......that was fun....so I can relate
laugh.gif

Sounds like you had some fun....

The other day CrazyCowboy and I were cruising up one of the roads here when a Black Mustang came flying up from behind.... left "My Baby" in third and made the attempt to catch up, caught up at around 130ish.... The guy thought he was bad cause he got the jump and it took so long for me to catch up, but then when I got next to him he wasn't smiling anymore and we caught up to some traffic...

its all fun...
laugh.gif

Yeah, I had a blast. It was nice to see that this guy was very nice and was having just as much fun as I was.

Glad to hear some of everyone elses stories as well. I also forgot to mention I was wearing a loaded backpack too.
smile.gif
That thing made it a little squirly going arond high speed turns with side winds.
wow.gif

Haven't had a chance to play with a viper while on the busa yet, but two years ago did so with my 03 GSXR1000. Due to rapidly upcoming traffic, we had to shut 'em down at about 130ish, but the damage was already done, he was but a speck in my rearview mirror! Is there any greater bang-for-the-buck vehicle out there, other than a Gixxer or Busa?? Not for my money there ain't!!
smile.gif

Stock Vipers are no competition . This is the only car that was barely able to keep up .

<!--EDIT|hionbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1136154375 -->

f575_2.jpg

I haven't had the pleasure of running a Viper but, I have had a few idiots in Mustangs and little Civics try me and that just fun from the start cause you know they have no chance.

Beware of modded Vipers. There are many of them in the Houston area.  A close friend of mine has a supercharged 2005 SRT-10 with 675 rwhp.  It is seriously fast.  A Busa would pull it at lower speeds, but from a highway roll on up it would be interesting.  I'd still bet on the Busa at highway speeds, but over 100 I'm not so sure.  

Also, the two most well known Viper tuners in the country are both in Houston, and I know them both.  They both have their shops full of Vipers right now getting twin turbos.

Beware of modded Vipers. There are many of them in the Houston area.  A close friend of mine has a supercharged 2005 SRT-10 with 675 rwhp.  It is seriously fast.  A Busa would pull it at lower speeds, but from a highway roll on up it would be interesting.  I'd still bet on the Busa at highway speeds, but over 100 I'm not so sure.  

Also, the two most well known Viper tuners in the country are both in Houston, and I know them both.  They both have their shops full of Vipers right now getting twin turbos.
A bit more towards the top end of the Busa, the Viper will catch it and pull. Unless you've removed the restrictor and have the right gearing for 200 MPH. Stock Vipers will hit the governor at 198MPH.

Sounds like you had some fun....

The other day CrazyCowboy and I were cruising up one of the roads here when a Black Mustang came flying up from behind.... left "My Baby" in third and made the attempt to catch up, caught up at around 130ish.... The guy thought he was bad cause he got the jump and it took so long for me to catch up, but then when I got next to him he wasn't smiling anymore and we caught up to some traffic...

its all fun...
laugh.gif
Yes and I had to sit back and watch at 4000 rpms. hehe I will hit my 500 this weekend. then I can play a little bit more.

i was beat by a lady pushing a shopping cart at walmart. was my first time on the busa, I just got it and was messing around.
ices_rofl.gif

Back