hayabusa has LOTS of Torque

kkattan

Donating Member
Registered
so i was going down the highway in 3rd gear going around 70mph (i think around 5K rpm).. i wanted to split lanes between two cars so i revved up a little and split the lanes as i accelerated hard.. I felt like the front wheel started coming up.... kind of scary.. maybe others have done this..i didnt think that much power in 3rd gear and lower rmps....

maybe it had to do with the sharp angle as i was splitting.. not sure..
anyway. this bike has gobs of torque.. :-)

thanks.

the back tire may of actaully drifted a little bit...
not sure. but something strange happened for an instant.

<!--EDIT|kkattan
Reason for Edit: None given...|1130378853 -->

Yep...Fun huh
smile.gif

Nothing more exciting than a bit of front-tire lift as you start to blow past the cage that just won't move out of the way.

It has oodles of torque. Just be glad you weren't at 6K rpm when you did it, it wouldn't just lift, it'd come wayyyyy up. Ok, go ahead, try it.

Nothing wrong with filtering, as long as you keep a good eye out for the muppets changing lanes suddenly.

I've had that slight lift, particularly when accellerating hard on eneven surfaces, do you have cat-eyes out there?

fun until cager doesn't see you and changes lanes unexpectedly
wow.gif
Then not so fun anymore. Ride safe guys, it only takes one mistake to end up taking the dirt nap!
sad.gif

Lane splitting sounds like it would save a lot of time and frustration, but with as many crazy cagers as there are on the roads these days I doubt I'd do it even if I got in a situation where I could. I think I'm just going to stick to the small town scene, thank you very much!

If you haven't filtered, you haven't lived. Agreed it can be dangerous, but it teaches you to concentrate real hard, and read minds.

Its legal over here, and certainly saves plenty of time, the nasty times come when the quality of the road suddenly deteriorates at the crucial moment. Pass me my brown trousers.

If you are whacking it hard enough to raise the front tire OR lose the rear at all, then you are not beign very smooth and looking far enough ahead.

I split lanes all the time here in L.A. and have never even gotten close to lifting a wheel. Doing so is dangerous anyhow, but while splitting lanes??

Not smart...take a chill pill....or be road kill...
tounge.gif

If you are whacking it hard enough to raise the front tire OR lose the rear at all, then you are not beign very smooth and looking far enough ahead.

I split lanes all the time here in L.A. and have never even gotten close to lifting a wheel. Doing so is dangerous anyhow, but while splitting lanes??

Not smart...take a chill pill....or be road kill...
tounge.gif
+1

I split thousands of cars a day. If you going that fast you are going to have a problem real soon.

lol i rember the one time me and my uncle were on our higway and we saw another gsxr 1000 well we got the bright idea lets race this thing well you can imaguine my uncle kicked that thing straight out of first and the bike lifted up almost throwing me off the back yes these things have some sick tourqe

I'm not intentionally gonna raise the front wheel while splitting, but have briefly accellerated hard to get through a closing gap. I'm not crazy
smile.gif

Back