Has anyone experienced busa dying?

hardwork2

Registered
I went out fo a short 10 mile ride crested over a little hump in the road going just quick enough to take the weight off the front tire. Maybe 70 in top gear and she just died like you hit the kill switch or something she started right up but it just seemed odd. I usually hit the hump at 100 in 3rd and pack the front wheel alittle ways. I have bit of fear when it comes to purposely trying to tear up my bike, tires, a$$ ect.especially my a$$.

Might have jarred the tip over sensor enough to kill it, or did you land it hard enough to swing the kick stand down a little & kill it?

Just throwing out the simple things... I really woundn't know.. I don't jump my busa!
tounge.gif

I was taken it easy today. Believe it or not I'm trying to stay out. Loss of license means loss of meal ticket. Standing on the corner with a sign. "Will work for food"don't really appeal to me that much.
Neither does death by wife. I figure the busa wanted to do its thing and it was mad at me. I was gone to chattanooga for 3 days and took the harley. Who know's?

I had mine quit coasting to stop at a red light. I adjusted the idle to 1100-1200 RPM which seems to have solved that.

Mine used to cut off when hitting the front brakes hard . Adjustment to the idle solved the problem . Try it out , see what happens .

My 04 Blue/Silver did that like 3 times in 2 years . Same seranio , Going down the highway at about 70 and it just died. I pulled over flipped the kill switch off then back on and it fired right back on . I also got a FI warning when it cut off. Never did find out why it did that .

hardwork2 what year is the bike and do you remember what rpm you where at?

She's a 05 le. No clue on the rpms. I went over the same hump at 70 today and no problem. Might have been a fluke or suzi was just pissed off at me. You know everytime I ride her she keeps telling me Harder Faster Harder what are you doing? faster damn it faster.

Back