The best/fastest color?

I posted this for Revlis a few weeks ago...I will repeat it so all you folks can finally leave this to rest.  This is true...go get a bunch of different colored busas and take them to Cal Tech's jet propulsion lab where they have a nice windtunnel and it will prove my point.

Black would be the fastest color busa (forgot about speed limiters for a moment).  The darker color bike will absorb huge amounts of sunlight and get very hot.  As some of the heat is re-radiated back into the air, it creates a small vacuum at the surface....much like the vacuum above an airfoil which creates lift in an airplane.  This reduces drag at all dark busa surfaces and thus increases speed.  Hence, an all white busa (yuck!!), would be incredibly slow.

Silver Grey, black and grey would be medium.  The blue and silver and the copper and ?? color busas would be about the same.  Now as for that burnt orange 40th anniversary edition...the light doesn't even want to interact with that color it is so hideous so there is no vacuum created and the bike is also a slow color.  So Revlis is the winner and all black SEs are the fastest.   Can we put this argument to rest?
umnik.gif
Ah Yes, Thank you Babuski.

It's natural for all of those NOT on the Fastest color to doubt the supremacy of the Midnight Bird...  But there can be no mistakes, the 2002 SE and the 2003 Midnight editions are without any doubt, the Fastest Stock Busa's to date.  

Follow the color absorption characteristics of the black bike to it's logical conclusion and you will see that it is largely invisible to both radar and laser detection as well.  Certainly this settles the "which color is the fastest" debate.

argue.gif

Silver/Black is the Fastest of all...
argue.gif

if not...
It sure is the SEXIEST DAMN THING ON THIS EARTH!!!!
idea.gif
argue.gif

argue.gif

I
Black would be the fastest color busa (forgot about speed limiters for a moment).  The darker color bike will absorb huge amounts of sunlight and get very hot.  As some of the heat is re-radiated back into the air, it creates a small vacuum at the surface....much like the vacuum above an airfoil which creates lift in an airplane.  This reduces drag at all dark busa surfaces and thus increases speed.  Hence, an all white busa (yuck!!), would be incredibly slow.

Silver Grey, black and grey would be medium.  The blue and silver and the copper and ?? color busas would be about the same.  Now as for that burnt orange 40th anniversary edition...the light doesn't even want to interact with that color it is so hideous so there is no vacuum created and the bike is also a slow color.  So Revlis is the winner and all black SEs are the fastest.   Can we put this argument to rest?
umnik.gif

It's natural for all of those NOT on the Fastest color to doubt the supremacy of the Midnight Bird...  But there can be no mistakes, the 2002 SE and the 2003 Midnight editions are without any doubt, the Fastest Stock Busa's to date.  

Follow the color absorption characteristics of the black bike to it's logical conclusion and you will see that it is largely invisible to both radar and laser detection as well.  Certainly this settles the "which color is the fastest" debate.

argue.gif
[/QUOTE]
I totally agree!!
egitarre77.gif

EasyShareWallpaper5.jpg

Oh now you did it GAW
laugh.gif
  Like Thinker said BLUE AND SILVER is by far the fastest.
tounge.gif

Can anyone tell me why my posts are now in hard-to-read yellow print?  They used to be black...
from the board click on "your control panel" just below where it says Welcome babuski. Then click on "personal info" then "Edit your profile" Page down and select a new Post Color

I

umnik.gif

argue.gif
I totally agree!!
egitarre77.gif
[/QUOTE]
AAAssjani.gif
AAAAAAAAHHH!!! Reflectors!!!!

After reading all the posts, I've come to the same conclusion I arrived at time and time again when this question was asked.

PERSONAL PREFERENCE.........I'm sure we'll all agree.
super.gif

After reading all the posts, I've come to the same conclusion I arrived at time and time again when this question was asked.

PERSONAL PREFERENCE.........I'm sure we'll all agree.
super.gif
Sure we'll all agree?  
crazy.gif

Oh, dear Monster...Where have you been?  All of us agreeing on the color of the sky would be a trick...I fear that agreeing that it is all preferance is going to be a serious stretch...

Especially due to the fact that the Black is fastest....
smileyexhibit.gif

Sure we'll all agree?  
crazy.gif

Oh, dear Monster...Where have you been?  All of us agreeing on the color of the sky would be a trick...I fear that agreeing that it is all preferance is going to be a serious stretch...

Especially due to the fact that the Black is fastest....
smileyexhibit.gif
My brain is getting numb from this.......no wait maybe it's from three weeks of 15 hour days.
AAAssjani.gif

I posted this for Revlis a few weeks ago...I will repeat it so all you folks can finally leave this to rest.  This is true...go get a bunch of different colored busas and take them to Cal Tech's jet propulsion lab where they have a nice windtunnel and it will prove my point.

umnik.gif
baaa.gif
What if your riding at night? Then Blue/Silver is always the fastest. You guys have got to be clueless!

umnik.gif
baaa.gif
  What if your riding at night?  Then Blue/Silver is always the fastest.  You guys have got to be clueless!
Sorry SoggySnacPac, but once again you are mistaken.  At night the bleed-off of stored heat energy creates a substantial pocket of disturbed air that surrounds and insulates the Midnight Falcon from the cooler denser air.  Think of it as a supercavitating effect similar to that of modern super-High speed torpedos.  The effect basically allows the Busa to pierce the air in a much more efficiant manner, drag having effectively been nullified.  

Additionally and something that is so obvious you must not be paying attention.  At night the Midnight Falcon is truly in it's environment, the stealth aspects of the Fastest color come into play and allow the rider to exploit the bikes full potential, with little fear of being tagged by LEO's.  
umnik.gif

umnik.gif

GadZOOKS! It's getting deep in here!

Once again I am compelled to set the record straight. As previously proven by the most rigorous scientific method, under the scrutiny of the Genii of this board, and having no other legitimate scientific results to the contrary, that the Black and Blue is undeniably the fastest color. Light absorption or repellant theories of the solid black or "pretty" colors have fallen by the wayside. Should there be a shadow of a doubt about these findings just ask Sledhead, he'll learn ya!

_Busa_Flag.jpg

Gee I hope no one goes to the jet propulsion lab...they would laugh at you. The difference between the colors would be so so small...you'd get a bigger drop in drag from taking off the mirrors or sweating a few ounces.

You see my fellow hayabusa aficionados, we have to feed Revlis' ego....all the heat reabsorption has affected his brain. It is quite possible that Revlis suffers from cranial heating syndrome...the internal crainial pressures can cause acute psychotic episodes...the anomaly is caused by too many hours spent on the "dark side" of the Hayabusa space-time continuem at speeds approaching Mach III. But there are psychotropic drugs for this syndrome and the normal, rather than the dysfunctional Revlis will soon return to this forum.

Back