The best/fastest color?

gaw

Registered
Don't want to stir up any trouble, but what is the best/fastest color for the Busa.

There have been some "not so cool" colors over the years and some good looking bikes.

Is a stock color the best or do you really have to custom paint the bike.  
Pix. are always a plus
biggrin.gif

Black is the best looking stock paint. But custom usually does end up looking better

Don't believe any thing other than this.......silver/gray is the fastest.........and the best lookin'.......
argue.gif

Silver/grey is what I'm getting, though I've seen some amazing custom paint on here as well...
I do love the all black Busas as well...

Michelle

What a stupid question
iamwithstupid.gif

Color the fastest Hahahahahaha
color has nothing to do with riding style or HP.
Also color is in the eye of the beholder due to no one sees the exact same shade or tone of the smae color.
Color is also a preferance just like food, sex(gender) or anything else. some people like ribs orthers like veggies.
Stupid question

Yeah you will never get a general consensus on this one. I say black. Whatever color that person has chances are he will say that color. If you look around I believe there was a poll done on this same subject. Later.

The 1999 and 2000 model years didn't have any speed restriction in place. So technically the Copper/Pewter and DarkRed/Grey bikes are the fastest. In stock form at least.

Scientist have recently proclaimed that BLUE AND SILVER are the fastest colors, moreso if they are in a combination together!

Hey Johnny...I think it's just a chance for you guys to brag about the color(s) you've got...we don't really think a color makes the bike faster...do we?!

Michelle
tounge.gif

What a stupid question
iamwithstupid.gif

Color the fastest Hahahahahaha
color has nothing to do with riding style or HP.
Also color is in the eye of the beholder due to no one sees the exact same shade or tone of the smae color.
Color is also a preferance just like food, sex(gender) or anything else. some people like ribs orthers like veggies.
Stupid question
Its not the question that was stupid. The question was a JOKE. In fact, it has been an on-going joke for a couple of years. Thanks for the scientific explanation, but everyone knows that there is less wind drag on on the Blue/Silver. But I admitt that is a small advantage. The big advantage comes from the fact that riders of Blue/Silver Busas are sooo much cooler than others, that they keep the engine nice and cool, and FASTER!!!!

muscle.gif
bluegrab.gif
muscle.gif

muscle.gif

I posted this for Revlis a few weeks ago...I will repeat it so all you folks can finally leave this to rest. This is true...go get a bunch of different colored busas and take them to Cal Tech's jet propulsion lab where they have a nice windtunnel and it will prove my point.

Black would be the fastest color busa (forgot about speed limiters for a moment). The darker color bike will absorb huge amounts of sunlight and get very hot. As some of the heat is re-radiated back into the air, it creates a small vacuum at the surface....much like the vacuum above an airfoil which creates lift in an airplane. This reduces drag at all dark busa surfaces and thus increases speed. Hence, an all white busa (yuck!!), would be incredibly slow.

Silver Grey, black and grey would be medium. The blue and silver and the copper and ?? color busas would be about the same. Now as for that burnt orange 40th anniversary edition...the light doesn't even want to interact with that color it is so hideous so there is no vacuum created and the bike is also a slow color. So Revlis is the winner and all black SEs are the fastest. Can we put this argument to rest?
umnik.gif

Can anyone tell me why my posts are now in hard-to-read yellow print? They used to be black...

Well, I did't think it was a stupid question, just one for fun
iamwithstupid.gif

Thanks to Thinker62 for clearing it up
biggrin.gif

Babuski: Nice answer, I did not see the previous post, but nice, very nice
super.gif

super.gif

To the others, relax! I don't think this question will ever go away, enjoy it.

have fun, enjoy, keep the rubber on the road.
jump9.gif

super.gif

Is that so chickenwing :rock: then how come you was always behing my all black bike hmmm :0 just teasing man i know you really wana open that thing up
tounge.gif

Funny, Color realy has anything to do with speed. Though I am Funny, color has anything to do with the physics of speed. Though I just bought an anniversary orange and I love this color. I should trade my Super Duty to an orange as well, but I won’t.
This site is great I’m a new comer and I would like to know were the best price for Heli-Bars are?
biggrin.gif

Back