Fastest color???

Red is the fastest color, as any police man!  His head will turn even when writting a ticket to some poor slob.  Where else did the color "Arrest-Me-Red" come from?
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
Boy are you in luck. I just happen to be a Police Officer and know exactly where the "arrest me red" came from....

just behind the black and silver!!!!  
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

laugh.gif

When your bike has radar absorbing flat black paint such as mine, then I'd worry about trying to shave weight.

Last edited by a moderator:
oh you guys have such short memories....remember the Cal Tech wind tunnel study? Assuming a stock bike...black would be the fastest color and they have the data to prove it. Give em a call. It appears that the dark colors absorb lots of light and thus heat the surface of the bike more than other colors. Air travels over a hot surface with less drag
(The heat at the surface bounces back into the air creating micro-eddy currents and thus a vacuum..hence the air goes by faster at the surface). The whole point....less drag. Taken over the surface of the entire hayabusa, less drag makes the bikes faster by about 2.34876 mph.

Call California Institute of Technology. They repeated the results of an older MIT study.

so stop this stupid bickering....lighter colored busas are slower. Theoretically a black busa is the fastests if you adjust for modifications, speed limiters,,,etc...

now end this stupid thread NOW. All black busas are the fastest by 2.35 mph

BUT if u do go fast enough.. 150+ at times u can take some of those extra dark color molecules off and lighten it up.

i'm really glad we cleared this up....i think....maybe....kind of....sort of... so we can concentrate on more important thinks like..... what's a TRE

I KNOW ALL OF YOU ARE TRYING TO BE HELPFULL BUT LETS GIVE IT TO OUR NEW RECRUIT STRAIT. ANY BUSA COLOR IS THE FASTEST AS LONG AS ITS AN 05. YOU SEE THE 05 MODELS HAVE A SILVER S ON THE TANK , OTHER YEARS HAVE A VERY HEAVY SUZUKI DECAL ON THE TANK. I DO NOT KNOW OF ANY OFFICIAL STUDIES ON THE HORSEPOWER REQUIRED TO HAUL THESE HEAVY DECALS AROUND BUT ESTIMATES RANGE IN THE 7 TO 8 HP RANGE. THE BIG SILVER S WILL CAUSE YOUR COMPETITION TO FOCUS ON THE INSIGNIA THUS ALLOWING YOU TO PUT ONE MEAN HOLESHOT ON THEM. NOW YOU KNOW THE TRUTH

After looking at the weight poll, I don't think the weight of the paint is what's slowing these bikes down. The fastest color Busa is the one my fat a$$ isn't on
laugh.gif

I KNOW ALL OF YOU ARE TRYING TO BE HELPFULL BUT LETS GIVE IT TO OUR NEW RECRUIT STRAIT. ANY BUSA COLOR IS THE FASTEST AS LONG AS ITS AN 05. YOU SEE THE 05 MODELS HAVE A SILVER S ON THE TANK , OTHER YEARS HAVE A VERY HEAVY SUZUKI DECAL ON THE TANK. I DO NOT KNOW OF ANY OFFICIAL STUDIES ON THE HORSEPOWER REQUIRED TO HAUL THESE HEAVY DECALS AROUND BUT ESTIMATES RANGE IN THE 7 TO 8 HP RANGE. THE BIG SILVER S WILL CAUSE YOUR COMPETITION TO FOCUS ON THE INSIGNIA THUS ALLOWING YOU TO PUT ONE MEAN HOLESHOT ON  THEM. NOW YOU KNOW THE TRUTH
Sup, after 2 hours in the corner for having a diferent opinion than Dad........I have to agree with him. I hate being grounded.
1zhelp.gif

Back