"That used to be the fastest..."

MeatGrinder

Registered
Parked my Busa with a bunch of other bikes yesterday. Heard some dudes mumbling: "That used to be the fastest bike, but Honda has a new one that will beat it". Of course I let 'em know I heard them, and said "nothing will beat a Hayabusa." Their come back: "You better read up on it some more."
There are bad rumours being spread.

Yeah...what cache said!
cool.gif

You should have said "Ya.....I heard those NEW GoldWings are wicked FAST!"
biggrin.gif

What a bunch of clowns!
laugh.gif

I have no doubt some of the new liter bikes COULD beat a busa now. But a HONDA? Come on, I LOVE Honda dearly, but they ALWAYS make the nice, comfy, POOCH bike trailing just behind the other 3: YAM, KAW, SUZ. Eh, at least he had an opinion.
smile.gif
SportRider 04 dynos

Just knowing that you still ride the fastest production motorcycle on the planet should give you confidence against your baseless fears that they knew something you didn't. Very few of the new liter bikes have proven to be better at HP to weight ratio and only 1 has proven to be a tad quicker off the line (with a qualified rider) than the mighty busa. Calm your fears young jedi, there is still no other open wheeled production machine that is faster (MPH) than the venerable Hayabusa. The top 25 Land Speed Records are all dominated by Hayabusa's in over 90% of the Production, Turbo and Nitrous classes and now as a streamliner. The highest Horse Power machines ever recorded are the Hayabusa's.

Let them spout their fantasies and recite the written dribble in the magazines, but we all know the truth and nothing is more powerful. You should have pity on the poor souls who know not the truth and give them your condolences for riding anything other than your powerful steed, the powerful GSX1300R.

Guy

I have no doubt that any of the new liter bikes could possibly take a busa but it has yet to be proven... people can talk the talk.... but when it comes down to it... they just couldn't handle the busa so they got something smaller....

to quote BT I think "Is that your girlfriends bike or do you really ride a 600"
laugh.gif

<!--EDIT|fstbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1080581206 -->

Should have told them "I didn't know the movie "Biker Boyz" was out in paperback"..........      
smile.gif

I have no doubt that any of the new liter bikes could possibly take a busa but it has yet to be proven... people can talk the talk.... but when it comes down to it... they just couldn't handle the busa so they got something smaller....

to quote BT I think "Is that your girlfriends bike or do you really ride a 600"
laugh.gif
that is funny, (little story) while I have been redoing the busa I have been riding my girls F2 around and I went to a store (wearing my "suzuki racing" jacket) and the guy behind the counter was like why are you wearing a suzuki jacket when you are riding a honda?? I told him that I have a bus at home and I was redoing it, he was just like ya sure you have one. I did not feel like arguing, I told him I was like in 2-3 weeks you'll see.

Another story, I was riding the F2 around one day and a guy pulls up next to me and is on a F2 and he is talking how they are such nice bikes, and how fast they where. Then as we are pulling off I was laughing and told him that the F2 that I was on was my girls bike, he just kind of smirked at me and we went our seperate ways.

i dont recall a honda, yammie, kawi or any other suzuki except for the hayabusa making the TOP 10 FASTEST MACHINES on discovery channel.. and they do realize the busa has been casturated at 186? but that also can be easily fixed...

It is always amazing what people think is the fastest or they have heard from a friend etc. etc.

I hear ya NE, hear lately I have been hearing at work "when are you going to get that busa done". They got that 04 R1 out there and he is going to smoke you. 4-5 different guys at work ride R6's and they are talking how the 04 R1 is way faster. I was like we'll see.

you should have said "My busa may not be the fastest bike out there but IT's FASTER THAN ANYTHING YOU RIDE !"

and thats the facts !!

Back