Im New To This So Here It Goes...

owens231

Registered
Im thinking of getting a hayabusa in under 6 months! and i dont mind what year i get...
i heard years before 2001 dont have restricters?
I was just wondering whats the fastest year model there is?
I presume the 2009 model de-restricted is the fastest but i dont know as like i said im new to the hayabusa seen, "bored of my aprilia rs50 70cc and gsxr1000"
So in a nut shell, i want the fastest top busa there is, without mods, but will be putting a turbo on it in a couple of months of having it just getting used to having the power in the 1st place before i kill my self on the uk roads:thumbsup:...

The GEN II does have a little more power...but when it comes down to the fastest, it's going to rely a lot on the rider~!~

:welcome:

:welcome: to the org.
Have fun, be careful and, did I mention have fun?:thumbsup:
They are all faster than any of us needs, but we all want more don't we?
Bubba

I haven't done turbo, but from my understanding the motors on GEN 1's will handle a turbo better than the motors from the GEN II in stock form.

Could be wrong, maybe someone else will input, but GEN II's will fly apart with too much HP without building the motor a bit~!~

:welcome:....if you want the fastest, it depends on what kinda balls you got, everything else leave it to your imagination.....

if you want the fastest you will have to get this crew to sell you thiers...former land speed record holder

Last edited by a moderator:
The Gen1 Busa's 99-07 will handle extra hp(NOS and Turbo) alot easier and be easier on the wallet. The cylinder walls of the Gen2's and the valve/retainer setups cannot handle higher rpms due to add ons. You can get a Gen1 roughly $4500 to $6500 more if mods are included.

hope this helps.......:welcome:

If your planning on a turbo I would definitely go with a GEN I. Welcome to the board, lots of good people with helpful info hear.

I believe Shane with Scott Guthrie Racing ran 261mph at Maxton and 265mph at Maine, if I recall correctly

Back