That age old question - A good starter bike?

Spike

Donating Member
Registered
With the creation of new technology we find newer bikes, specifically the Suzuki line, that come with the ability to "de-tune" with the flip of a switch.

Quite a few of us wave the banner of the 250cc starter bike, myself included. I find my wife not riding so much because, to be honest, to learn on that under-powered, carburetor driven lawnmower is a bit cumbersome. The throttle is not very responsive, the weight is too low (in my opinion) and let's face it there is no 250 out there that is "GSXR sexy." Ok, disregard the new Ninja 250, that thing is nice.

So can anyone with a new Busa, GSXR-1000 or even the new GSXR600 (not likely) give us any input as to how much the A-B-C modes detune the motor? Do you think it should be re-evaluated as a starter bike due to this function or does it not help out with the "detuning" that much?

The Missus would look dead sexy on that new black GSXR600 in "C" mode but to be honest I still think she is a newbie. Would it still be too much for her you think?

Thanks for your input folks.

-Spike

08 Busa...A mode...grip it and rip it
firedevil.gif

Try an SV650.  My 25 yr old daughter loves hers.  Lots of torque, 6 speed, good handling and easy to modify if she wanted.  The 03s and later come with FI.  I found an 03 one owner with 10K on it and some extras.  Got a great deal.  Shop around.  No rookie rider should have a monster Busa underneath them on any setting.

http://s70.photobucket.com/albums....all.jpg

The C mode on the 08 busa is different than the other bikes, from what I've read. I haven't seen any charts on it, but it is said that the C mode on the busa dramatically cuts power output (overall hp) while on the 1000, it behaves a little differently.

In my opinion..........

The Busa is the best bike in the world, and will treat you as gently or as rough as you wish to be treated. A simple explanation of this to a bike savvy person is all it should take. You can putt around on her all you want without a second thought, or you can twist the throttle and let her scream.........

Back