Starter Clutch

TruWrecks

Banned
I rarely ask for anything from anyone.  This is one time I will for the sake of someone else.

A new 2001 Busa owner that I know here in the PNW is in need of a starter clutch for his Busa.  The starter is in good shape.  The starter clutch will engage the engine if he rolls it back a few inches in 2nd gear, but not if he just hits the starter button.  He's on disability so money is a concern.

Any idea where we could find a good one for someone on a budget?  Rebuilding it is an option if we can get the parts.

Let's be very clear about this. We are NOT looking for a freebie. We are looking to do this on a very tight budget.

Thanks,

Doug

Be careful even with a tight budget. You still may want to put in a new starter clutch and gasket. You will not save that much with used parts and only have to do it over again soon. Look for OEM discount parts.

Ur a good man TruWrecks! FYI to the rest of you, TruWrecks is helping out a Busa owner here in the PNW who is a bit down on his luck.

Ur a good man TruWrecks!  FYI to the rest of you, TruWrecks is helping out a Busa owner here in the PNW who is a bit down on his luck.
Yep. I also think it sucks that he's only been able to ride the bike for 3 days since he bought it. Mike has been through enough in the last few months. I just want to help him get the Busa back on the road. Hopefully we can get it fixed this week. Tuesday I can check with my local dealer to see what they can do for pricing.

I got one mint one from a 07 motor in stock,can overnight tomorrow if you need right away.

Thanks Danial. Now I just need to know how much you want for it, and what I can do to thank you.
beerchug.gif

Hey all.
Under normal circumstances I would make my hey all Post in the appreciate section. However it seems my first order of business, is rather to thank all of you. Thanks for looking out for a bro. I have been talking to my better half about the freedom of riding for years. (I plan soon to buy her , her first scoot. ) Where I am going with this point, is that, The people of a forum who have never met me, had enough heart to help a bro out in a time of need. Where this involves her, is tonight I was showing her this thread and explaining the hows and whys of why I have a much needed part sooo quickly without lifting a finger. Reading this thread, hell I was ready to chip in a few bucks to help the poor bastard myself. oh wait. yeah, nevermind.

Seriously, from the bottom of the pit om the center of my chest. Thanks all

G.C. -- You're da man! Much thanks.
bowdown.gif
 Not only for the extremely righteous deal, but if it got her any quicker, I might not have time to finish taking all the side cover bolts out!  

Hippy

Nice first post showin love to the .org
beerchug.gif
Welcome to the board man kick off your shoes and stay awhile

Your welcome and if you need a part or bike in the future think of your locals or sponsors first..I have my ears open about all types of bikes for sale.Part being overnighted here in just a bit will send tracking info...WELCOME .we will be in bremerton on Aug 23rd racing you allshould ride over and introduce yourself..

Actually GC,  I am about to put my all Rosewood Stratocaster on Ebay for 5k and when it sells, I will be in the market for a small beginners bike for my better half.  

She personally likes the Crotch rockets or anything street and muscular. Shes big into the Buell Blast because its 400+cc displacement means she doesn't have to upgrade into a larger bike as fast. She has always expressed interest in the 250 Ninja and pretty much anything that says GSXR on it LOL She wants to jump straight into a GSXR600 for her first bike. I'm sure there are plenty of people that think a Super sport bike is perfect for learning on. IM NOT ONE OF THOSE!.  I started riding when I was 6 on a 50cc Hondamatic then progressed threw riding/racing dirt. Then on the street for an additional 26 years. I don't claim to be an expert at anything but I have learned that putting someone in over their head (more so when they have never even driven a stick) on a bike that will go 0-wall in 3.5 seconds, Is not always the best learning tool.  I personally would love to put her on a 400 special or something along those lines, but I also want to bend to her desire to be on something that isn't so neutered.  So GC, what ideas have you?

It would be nice to get change back from my Guitar. I waited 12 years to build it. I haven't even played it yet and I am willing to throw away a 12 year dream (just when its at the finish line) for my baby. She has been my number one fan for many years now. I owe her everything.
Still, I wouldn't mind some change back from that 5k
smile.gif
I am Squiding it bad, at the moment. I am riding the baddest street machine ever built and I am doing it in steel toed boots, jeans and a leather jacket. (not even a riding jacket) So if you can find something that seems to meet what she is looking for (I will still consider her 600 request, but only after wiring a remote kill on it.)
She is short. This makes a problem for allot of bikes. I'm sure if I slam a Gixxer she will be fine size wise but shes 5,4 so Some bikes are out of the height range for her. Again, if there is enough change to get me a full racing suit (used I mean) at the end of all this, it wont hurt my feelings too bad.

You need to go to your dealer and ask them about the starter clutch upgrade for your bike. They may play dumb, but there is a Suzuki technical bulletin, #126, dated 12/10/2002 for the '99-'02 model year Hayabusas. Most Suzuki Technical Service Managers will give approval as a "good will" no-cost upgrade on this issue.

Back