Thank you Steve Smithers

Almost makes me wish I had some stickers/decals to remove!
whistling.gif
Muuaahahahahahahahhahahaa!!!

Beware - you may get what you wish for!  
laugh.gif
This is one of those rare times where I can't see that as being a bad thing, Omar!
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Yes it will remove the decals like hot butter! No it doesn't remove the emblems.. Does this help?
haha yes... i removed all my stickers minus the 2 that are under clearcoat (on the tank) using the hair dryer method.

I don't understand how this thing removes the stickers under the clearcoat with out screwing up the paint...

for a frame of reference, look at the gray stickers on the tank (not my bike):

Last edited by a moderator:
I think what Elganja and I were hoping you meant the tapered colored stripe that extends to the tank from the cowling design. This stripe is clear coated over and we would like to remove it but dont want to repaint. I gather your able to remoce surface stickers like the warning labels and other decals off the plastic that are not clear coated over.

It's not possible to remove the decals under the clearcoat without damaging the clearcoat. The stickers that were removed using the tool were not under clear.

Just a guess and Sonny will have to confirm, but I believe he means the sticker on the tank and the two (one on each side) stickers on the inner panels.

Gotcha.... Clean looking ride! Never ocurred to me to remove the paint scheme decals, without redoing the entire bikes paint.

We use a commercial one at the job to remove the decals off of the sides of the police cars. And yes, melts them like hot butter, and they're vinyl. Even after they've been on the cars for years.
thumb_up.gif

Sonny,thanks for the props & i love my eraser wheel too!On a totally hilarius & different note(this is some true s***) I went to highschool with this dude

geico_caveman_lg.jpg

Yes it will remove the decals like hot butter! No it doesn't remove the emblems.. Does this help?
haha yes... i removed all my stickers minus the 2 that are under clearcoat (on the tank) using the hair dryer method.

I don't understand how this thing removes the stickers under the clearcoat with out screwing up the paint...

for a frame of reference, look at the gray stickers on the tank (not my bike):

post-77-16908-post_77_47009_pipe.jpg
They wont remove "clearcoated"stickers.Heres an example of what we do: We remove the stickers from the whole bike(except the gas tank) Then, make a vinyl "overlay sticker" to perfectly cover the stripe on the gastank.Looks pretty good .heres a pic of a gixxer 750 I did last week.It used to have silver stripes on it.

gamble_gixxer.jpg

we tried this at work, the rubber wheels last for one car......... not cost effective, $25 for another eraser. Heat gun and decal remover in a can still best method if your not doing it everyday.

Back