Thank you "Koji Yoshiura" Designer of the Hayabusa

Bobby B

Registered
Just wanted to say thank you to the designer/father of the the Hayabusa! Without the insight and creativity of "Koji Yoshiura" this very web sight may not exist. To me, his radical and forward thinking gave birth to the Hyper Sport category as we know it. Yes, we all know there are more powerful motorcycles out there as of late, and that fine line of of "too Much" and "controllable" power (on two wheels) to the common people may be drawing near. I still subscribe to "Koji's" idea of beauty of balance. power and grace. The fact that anyone can take a liter bike (from any manufacturer) and cut grind and modify it to be insanely fast or what have you, to me this eludes "Koji's" philosophy. And that philosophy is simply balance. So here's to you Koji Yoshiura and your team(and Suzuki), I will be waiting anxiously for Suzuki's next opus!

Quotes from Mr. Yohiura:

"As a consequence of, pursuing the best handling, acceleration, safety, power, riding ability, original styling, etc., for the good of the customers, it became the ‘Fastest production motorcycle’.

“My aim was to create a somewhat grotesque design and create a strong initial impact.

"By doing this, once the model was out in the market and the performance of it have been proven, I thought that people will start to show interest to the weird design, and then the design would be caked in peoples mind.â€￾

he had me at "grotesque"! LOL

49943_portrait_koji_yoshiura_001-suzuki_hayabusa_2008_zpsndttl0w7.jpg

That's awesome; and pretty much sums up what I think about my bike. It's a superb balance of what I want from a bike.

Back