PGW03

Registered
Hey, my name is Corey and I am a design student at the College for Creative Studies. I have a project where I want to design the new Hayabusa. The key thing is it has to be designed for 2020. As a designer I know what has to be in the bike and what doesn't, but I would like to know what kind of things the riders would want on the bike. Like what would you change on the bike. I have rode other bikes just not the Hayabusa.

Corey

I agree, I want to know what you have. Then I can better give you ideas.

In terms of design (Former SCAD student here) I am interested in what is in your head.

Yup that CCS number two Transportation Design school in the nation. These are the two renderings I have so far but there more of a concept.

Snapshot_20090331.jpg

Snapshot_20090331_1.jpg

................. :laugh:
Here's one that crossed my mind a retractable swing arm so you could set it up for track and extended it from the drag strip. :whistle: makes everyone happy :thumbsup:

Hayabusa_artl.jpg

haha nice. Thats more of 2030 though. My teacher would probably throw it down and stomp on it. He liked the renderings I have above but there to simple and now. This is 2020. The idea I have in my head is AGRESSIVE as can be. When I think Hayabusa I think the baddest bike in the world, the fastest bike in the world. So when im coming up with my new idea I am thinking sharp, fast lines, and aerodynamics. Also in 2020 I came up with the idea were running more hubbless then anything. So I am more on the track of a hubless up front and hubless in the back.

Thanks, I want a busa pretty bad but I need to come up with my design and start building it for my senior year and put my fully drivable busa in my portfolo. For the breaking I am going to be using a hydrostatic cvt unit.

Last edited:
2020? Pretty sure the world is going to end in 2012... Least that's what the Whack jobs, Wing Nuts, and Tin Foil Hat wearers are saying... I'd Aim for 2012. :laugh:

My only input would be:

-Alternative Fuels, electric would be cool, hydrogen fuel cell maybe?
-Advanced polymers and composites.
-Integrated Rider Information System. IRIS, some sort of HUD inside the riders helmet, or a completely immersive holographic projection system. Integrating rear view, GPS, speed, bike data, and a FLIR system for enhanced all weather/day or night vision.

-Anti lock brakes, defeatable adjustable traction control.
-Resilient self healing Nano Body work. User Selectable colors, and patterns.

-Maybe even active aero reconfigurable on the fly or as conditions permit. A bike that adapts not only suspension setting but shape to accommodate different environs or speeds.

- Or hell, the entire body serves as a solar collector for the electric powered Busa...

Otherwise for the Love of god, make sure that the Busa isn't still ugly. I love my Busa, but it is just getting uglier with each new iteration. We can say it looks that way for a reason, and I say yeah, cause the designer went to a Public School....

Please, Please let the 2020 Busa finally be sexy. :thumbsup:

2020? Pretty sure the world is going to end in 2012... Least that's what the Whack jobs, Wing Nuts, and Tin Foil Hat wearers are saying... I'd Aim for 2012. :laugh:

My only input would be:

-Alternative Fuels, electric would be cool, hydrogen fuel cell maybe?
-Advanced polymers and composites.
-Integrated Rider Information System. IRIS, some sort of HUD inside the riders helmet, or a completely immersive holographic projection system. Integrating rear view, GPS, speed, bike data, and a FLIR system for enhanced all weather/day or night vision.

-Anti lock brakes, defeatable adjustable traction control.
-Resilient self healing Nano Body work. User Selectable colors, and patterns.

-Maybe even active aero reconfigurable on the fly or as conditions permit. A bike that adapts not only suspension setting but shape to accommodate different environs or speeds.

- Or hell, the entire body serves as a solar collector for the electric powered Busa...

Otherwise for the Love of god, make sure that the Busa isn't still ugly. I love my Busa, but it is just getting uglier with each new iteration. We can say it looks that way for a reason, and I say yeah, cause the designer went to a Public School....

Please, Please let the 2020 Busa finally be sexy. :thumbsup:

I mean. . . You don't want much do you? :lol:

Nah, I don't think about it much... :whistle:

Honestly I'm just always discontent, and we are so far behind the flying cars we're all supposed to be cruising around in... I'm just frustrated... :thumbsup:

Speaking of that... Seriously, how about an Iron man Style Repulsor powered Busa. Screw this highway infested by LEO's lets go Airborne Hooah!

If you go airborne the Busa wouldn't be locked into this upright two wheeled form factor. You could take the Busa, Squeeze it partially flat and wide, apply some designer voodoo and we have a winner.

Hell in 2050 the new new busa is the latest Low Earth Orbit recreational vehicle. Capable of carrying two into low earth orbit for rapid 17,000MPH cruising anywhere in the world...

Last edited:
The largest part of the Hayabusa was originally the aerodynamics of the machine. After 10 years in the making, the bike's appearance now has as much of a place as the aero principles. You have done a great job in drawing replicas of the Hayabusa models already in production. Now you need to do a little more exploration.

I would do my best to integrate the 1st and 2nd gen bikes in appearance. Then I would use ideas from companies such as "Gator Glass" to incorporate turn signals and possibly headlights.

Do some research on Hayabusas with turbos or superchargers installed and use the idea of factory installed turbo. A cool example of a futuristic looking turbo can be cound by researching "Seb Domingo" and his Super Street bike. http://www.cooperperformance.com/turbo2.jpg

Exhausts are always a big thing, especially with the emissions and noise laws. By the way, Eric Buell, and his placement of the exhaust of the Buell bikes is interesting. Keeping them free from harm under accidental impact is another. The exhaust is located under the bike to keep a low center of gravity.

If you are looking to do something hubless, ask yourself where the propulsion and braking will come from. You will have to have some form of chain, belt, etc. By the way, as busa owners, most frown on belts and driveshafts. https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/atta...87600-gsxr-1000-k7-tail-busa-lrg_hayabusa.jpg

Look towards the aftermarket. That is where ideas are born. http://www.motorcycledaily.com/091906_top.jpg

Oh, and to stay true to us die hards, use the copper and silver color scheme found on the 1999 model. http://www.motorcyclenews.com/upload/192007/images/Hayabusa.jpg

Thank you for the reply. I was looking for something along those lines. My idea is to make it fast still but not make it electric haha. Electric is cool but I love Octane. The turbo idea is priceless I was thinking about that when I was brainstorming. Thank you for the links I am going to be pulling up some kind of crazy Idea tonight and have it done for tomorrow class..

Well yeah but come 2020, electrics will be playground stomping the fossil burners. Instead of Turdblow's you've got advanced capacitors etc... Besides, Electric is more efficient and it simplifies the whole thing significantly.

It's supposed to be in the future, gasoline as a fuel is likely to be on it's last legs, or at least it should be. :beerchug:

Just make sure it's black, of course your studies have shown black to be the fastest colors.

And :welcome: to the oRg

I like the first one. Kind oif a Gen I / Gen II slant....build it and I'll ride it !!!! :super:

I would say definitely rework the body lines, your 2 concepts look too much like what we have now..the lines need to be sleeker thats just MHO...be carefull, there was a kid, DIE HARD Camaro fan that took some old Cad software and redesigned the Camaro for a project well what do you know, it was plastered all over the internet and about 3 years later GM mysteriously redisigned their "new"version of the camaro and looked quite similar to what THAT kid had drawn up...think the kid got a job offer for the design he did? Nope.

Good luck though, nice to see fresh young minds working on creativity for the future, my hats off to you we hope you do well. And don't mid Revlis, just go with the flux capacitor as a power source and that will be nough to make him happy:whistle:...but then you'll have to hurry up and finish THAT design before he does..he is a MAD genious you know:laugh:

Good luck either way kid, were proud of ya:thumbsup::beerchug:

Back