Texas seeks sport bike discrimination

The legislative body completely failed to recognize that the motorcycle did EXACTLY what the rider told it to do. The law is wrong because it targets an inanimate object, and blames that object for someone's death. You want to end this law? Tell Texans they can no longer own hand guns because a kid was killed while playing with one. Then define 'hand gun' as a firearm that is held in the hand!

BTW...Lucid...you could not be more wrong. Statistically, sport bike riders have a higher mortality rate than cruisers....MUCH higher.

Motorcycles don't kill people....SQUIDS DO!!!

Isn't Texas the state raising the speed limit to 85?

And people think Cali has the market cornerd on DA Legislatures.

On the otherhand, outlawing pillions on Sportbikes kind of appeals tp me.

Sport Bike riders are their own worst enemies. Usually young and stupid. I see it all the time here in Florida. Weaving in between lanes and zipping around in traffic making everyone wonder when he will go down. Oh and the best part is no gear at all. The Harley riders have no gear, but they generally drive under 50mph.:moon:

Sport Bike riders are their own worst enemies. Usually young and stupid. I see it all the time here in Florida. Weaving in between lanes and zipping around in traffic making everyone wonder when he will go down. Oh and the best part is no gear at all. The Harley riders have no gear, but they generally drive under 50mph.:moon:

Cuz you can only get hurt going over 50 mph right?

OK, my crazy thoughts. Why do the girls get on these bikes with these guys. I just saw it today. Girl on back of sport bike with helmet but no other safety gear. My thought its natural selection. You chose to play with fire you will get burned. My 2 cents.

I dont live in texas.. I dont have a big belt buckle.. I do have a double mobile home and i ride on shinkos.. I wont elaborate on my member girth or displacement... But those laws suck and piss off!!! Lol:rulez:

Hey you Texan knotheads, don't get your little cowboy bowlegged shorts in a wad. Next time I'll spell it out slowly for you. It's called H-U-M-O-R! Intended to create a little giggle in your day! :cheerleader:

Hey you Texan knotheads, don't get your little cowboy bowlegged shorts in a wad. Next time I'll spell it out slowly for you. It's called H-U-M-O-R! Intended to create a little giggle in your day! :cheerleader:

We spell it H-U-M-O-U-R where I come from! :poke::poke::poke::rofl:

Sad day, but we'll see if it will survive a legal challenge. If the purpose is to ensure safety for passengers, then it really can't target one class of motorcycles without evidence that they are less safe for passengers.

Requiring the passenger to have a motorcycle license!:rofl: What kind of stupid so and so's are coming up with this bs????
How is it Always that no matter what the situation the idiots making the laws have no clue about the subject at hand?

Welcome to our new world where you can't make a choice, they pass laws to protect you from you! The idea of they know whats best... Its a sad thing... People keep giving up their freedom... And they are happy to take it away from you.. :poke:

Sad day, but we'll see if it will survive a legal challenge. If the purpose is to ensure safety for passengers, then it really can't target one class of motorcycles without evidence that they are less safe for passengers.

I agree it will unlikely pass a legal challenge due to its vagueness.

Good thing I live in NY where all our legislators try to do is steal all our money instead of getting off their fat @$$ and making their own.:poke::rofl:

I think we have a ABATE member who maybe able to shed some light on all of it and tell us what we as a group can do about it.
:poke: Russ:poke: Russ wake up

im here. been watching this develop.

my best idea so far is to contact the Texas motorcycle road riders association (tmro), and Seven with the National Sport Bike Association (NSBA). i will contact them and go from there. im guessing a law repeal.

these knee jerk laws are chip chip chipping away our freedoms. :rulez:

I think Florida did something similar a few years ago, but they didn't specify sport bike or try to define a specific bike, just certain actions typical of sport bikes.

Welcome to our new world where you can't make a choice, they pass laws to protect you from you! The idea of they know whats best... Its a sad thing... People keep giving up their freedom... And they are happy to take it away from you.. :poke:

Coming soon to a fiefdom near you, NOW SHUT UP SERF AND GET BACK TO WORK!!! BLACK JESUS NEEDS YOUR TAX DOLLARS!!!

Back