Tesla's on auto pilot

Of course not ALL kids today are dumb, but most of them can't comprehend basic stuff that isn't electric. Planning ahead? What's that?
atleast the kids here in the DC area. They think loud equates race car. No need to hit the rev limiter every two seconds on your FRS.
Hahaha you sound old! Everyone went through the same learning curves! Some more extreme ww1/ww2, civil war the wild west etc. Times change and people change, we are a product of our upbringing and technology.
If you look back into the '50s and '60s where the "kids" had their heads stuck under a hood and were drag racing down main street. The adults of the day thought they'd never amount to anything with their greasy hair and loud hot rods...

Now we spool forward to the youth of today, most of them cringe when having to go outside and don't have a clue about real life.

They are indeed a product of today's society.....and we are in trouble. At one time there were many "bright stars" and few 'duds.' Now the opposite is true.

Things change, perhaps this is the transition of gear heads to programmer/hacker. Right now the fastest cheapest way to get more power out of your bike isn’t to crack the casings, bust reprogram the computer (ecu flash). I don’t know how to do this, and we give credit to people that do.
And as for the original topic, less deaths caused by autopilot than idiots. I would feel safer with a road of 100% autopilots than one that is 30% idiots as we seem to have now.

Things change, perhaps this is the transition of gear heads to programmer/hacker. Right now the fastest cheapest way to get more power out of your bike isn’t to crack the casings, bust reprogram the computer (ecu flash). I don’t know how to do this, and we give credit to people that do.
And as for the original topic, less deaths caused by autopilot than idiots. I would feel safer with a road of 100% autopilots than one that is 30% idiots as we seem to have now.
I agree with you up to the point of autopilots....there would have to be a LOT of road improvements and design changes before automated vehicles will be effective. They may work on major thoroughfares but they certainly would not be effective on the myriad of small country roads which make up quite a bit of our roadways.

Accidents or deaths is the cost of autopilot failure.....as soon as those become prevalent (and they will happen), autopiloted vehicles will lose favor.

Upon reflection, I might add those hackers who are so good at their job can be bought-even by bad guys and can hack into the systems controlling these automated vehicles...

Even now they can hack into high end vehicles and take them right out of driveways.

Technology is good until it's not.

Upon reflection, I might add those hackers who are so good at their job can be bought-even by bad guys and can hack into the systems controlling these automated vehicles...

Even now they can hack into high end vehicles and take them right out of driveways.

Technology is good until it's not.
Nefarious government groups may have even driven cars into bridge support at high speed for an apparent suicide.
Fire can cook you a tasty hot dog, or reduce your flesh to base carbon elements. Technology is not good or bad. How we use it is.
But I think we don’t have a choice but to walk the path ahead. Until we give birth to our robot overlords, then we can relinquish all control :thumbsup:

Back