"New" Ford Lightning

Just wanted to move over here as to not totally destroy the gen 3 thread..

Car and Driver certainly isn't a big fan of this truck...

With the short range, people will be spending more time charging it up than driving it...

1 in 4 drivers of electric vehicles trade in for gas vehicles due to long charge times and short range. I do see alot of teslas driving around though.

1 in 4 drivers of electric vehicles trade in for gas vehicles due to long charge times and short range. I do see alot of teslas driving around though.
A hybrid makes sense, a pure electric doesn't...not yet....add in the wide range of weather temperatures and the range drops like a stone with the air or heater going.

I watched a car show where they took a Tesla on a road trip in the winter. They put 4 people and their luggage in the car and in order to make the car go it's full range, three people and all the luggage went in the chase van. The driver had to operate with no heat and no lights in order to make the distance..

This is a real f-150 lightning not some wall plug in !

29AE2687-8ED2-43B8-8B43-1066E11ED464.jpeg

Maybe not LOL

cheers
ken
Interesting read...

Add in the requirement to upgrade the electrical grid and add in re-power stations to the overall cost of this technology.

Imagine each home requiring an EV capable power system and what happens when homeowners all charge their EV vehicles basically at the same time...the draw on the electrical grid would be staggering.

Then add in commercial EV charging....

Maybe not LOL

cheers
ken
Isn't what they basically said that if you increase fuel efficiency and increase cost of fuel that the fuel consumption will lessen? I understand getting better fuel economy would mean more use which would just use the same amount of fuel as a non fuel efficient vehicle. But if you make vehicles more fuel efficient and keep fuel prices extremely high that would actually reduce fuel consumption?

I hate to say it but I am in the market for a full electric car. I live close to work and they will let me charge up for free so I can top off the batteries a couple times a week and drive without adding to my electric bill. Kind of a no brainer. The next time a really good lease deal comes up I'll be all in.
D.

Back