Tank Bra Yes or No ??

OB_Warp1Busa

Registered
Do Tank bra's cause any Color/Paint Damage to A Bikes Tank. Getting a Chip already on my Tank I'm thinking of putting a Targa Bra on the bike. Any Info on whether moisture will build up under the Bra and or should it be taken off from time to time..Any Info Helpful

Warp1

I'm interested in the effects of having a tank bra as well. I was worried about the wear my legs were putting into the sides of the tanks (plus leaning into the tank).

I just put on a tank bra today. It was on backorder for over a month. In the one 75 mile ride I had with it on, no difference in comfort overall, but I felt better about the tank. I too am curious about long term effects of having a bra on the tank.

The bra is a half tank model made by Lockhart Phillips, and is all black (vinyl, not leather).

I have the factory Suzuki tank bra its been on since new 6400 miles.Theres no rubbing or scuffing on the paint.When I sport ride I squeeze the tank with my legs.My other bike I didn`t have a bra for a while and it started to get scuff marks on the tank pretty bad.I like the Suzuki bra because it has that cool Hayabusa logo on it and it fits like a glove(not O.J`s glove )

No problem here either with mine. I tend to take it off 2 times a year and put a coat of wax down, at least that is what I have done on past bikes.

I have one on each of my bandits, and on both bikes they've screwed up the paint. They seem to rub the paint off the center of the tank (even though I occasionaly waxed them) Figure I'll try the busa without. YMMV

I like magnetic protecter by Mag Lite, it just protects the rear of the tank were a zipper or buckle can scratch. Its best to wax the tank maybe once a month to help avoid scuffs, it only takes a minute.

Have had a Suzuki tank bra with the Hayabusa emblem on mine since day one. Like any covering (ie. bedliner, car cover etc.) which is capable of trapping dust and dirt...it's important to keep a good coat of wax on the tank...only takes a couple of minutes to pull the bra off and shine the tank up. I've had no problems and would rather have the bra than chip or scratch the paint on the tank.

Back