Tank Bras.. are they really usefull?

Tank Bra's work great... one thing to remember if they get wet... remove immediately before the sun comes out. A wet bra will cloud your paint if left on in the hot sun. Suzuki makes a high quality bra for your bike.. as does Second Look (800 566-5753)which will color match your tank paint scheme (It's what I use on my Hayabusa).

I was just wondering about the Advantages and Disadvantages to a tank bra. I'm thinking about putting one on my 600, because I'm purchasing a leather suit and I know it will rub out some how. Does the Tank bra fade the paint at all if left on to long? Do I need to use the bra while just riding around town in jeans and a t-shirt? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Zippers,belt buckles,pants buttons will scratch your bike gas tank,that's a given,if you get the right bra it will save your tank paint.All you need to do is take the bra off every so offen and but a good coat of wax and check the inner side of the bra that mates to the tank for dirt or small objects that might scratch your gas tank paint.Stay away from those magnetic plastic pad junk and double sided stick on pads,there junk,my opinion only.Good Luck

I second the info from Cisco, without it you *WILL* scratch your tank. You could buy a tank saver (clear plastic, or some other material) that would be a little smaller. Place it where your body hits the tank.

Hapo scratch tank! They get pretty chewed up after a while...oh well...I don't like bras on any thing whatsoever...I slide around better on them when they are naked...but you should see the chips on the fender and fairing from stuffing it up them other 190's...you gonna get a bra for them too? You wouldn't believe the roads in CT if you didn't live near here...richest per capita too...but most of them people don't live here!

I use the second look bra and seat cover. THey both look great and work even better. You need these things to keep the bike looking good.

Bagster makes the best tank cover, bottom line. Check out Bagster.com

Hapo, gets confused with Suzuki Accessories book and Victorias Secret catalog.

Hapo you are supposed to be in your ward, go there now and turn off the computer(check your Email). What is that smell Hap?

Back