The \'Busa has landed! Newbie Questions

Singapore,
It's a good idea during breakin to vary the engine speed and load and not just drone along at the same speed. The problem with the Busa is that, especially for the first 500 miles, you can't load the engine very hard for more than a couple of seconds before you're over the 5500 rpm limit, in any gear.

Personally, I think the factory breakin procedure is a little conservative, but I still tried to stick to it. It gets a lot better with the 8000rpm limit. Realistically, I spend almost all of my time below 8000rpm now even racing through the twisties because the Busa pulls from any rpm. Just go out and ride as much as possible for now and get those breakin miles behind you...then crank it up!

singapore, use your gears. as you said this beast pulls, just keep it up in the gears so you DONT rev it hard during breakin. Johnnycheese is a dealer service guy, I trust what he says---GO BY BOOK! DONT rev it!

Be nice to the new baby and get many years outta her, dont listen and she'll be old and tired before she oughta. Patience, friend.

I know it sux just ride, baby, ride, you'll be over the mileage fore ya know it.

AND SERVICE YOUR BIKE PER MANUAL!!! PERIOD!!!

'lantabusa (&all)
I'm also a newbie with about 350km (210miles) on the clock.
The manual that I have (Australia & Canada edition) recommends the following for run-in:

first 800kms (500miles) < 5500 rpm
next 800kms (500 miles) < 8000 rpm
above 1600kms < 11000rpm (obviously)

I'm tryin real hard to keep my right hand disciplined however the questions I have are:
1. how hard can you run these (assuming that you're keeping to the recommended rpm's) ie.
quick blasts and fast gear changes ?
2. how accurate are these run-in recomendations ie. too conservative / spot on ??

Back