Talk to me about my useless rear ABS

I will check. If I recall the braking practice from the motorcycle safety course as a thumb rule rear only should be approx. double of the front only and approx. three-four times more than if you properly applies both together starting with the rear to lengthen the wheelbase and lower the center of gravity to enhance the grip and increase stability.
I have checked today with new tyres, new brakes, cold weather, rain. Slowing down from 60 mph to 30 mph, it was as expected. It took 50-60 meters. When everything will be well brake in I will redo this with the brake force meter display maxed out. So in my opinion yours have a faiulre.

I have checked today with new tyres, new brakes, cold weather, rain. Slowing down from 60 mph to 30 mph, it was as expected. It took 50-60 meters. When everything will be well brake in I will redo this with the brake force meter display maxed out. So in my opinion yours have a faiulre.
Couple hundred miles later I have tested in dry conditions from 80 to 40 only rear brake, it works pretty well.
(Both used together from high speed to full stop it is unbelievable, how the bike getting lower and lower and meanwhile it is extremely stable.)

Well, here in 'Nanny State' NZ, we have to keep the ABS intact and working as it came from the manufacturer, otherwise the vehicle is no longer compliant with the Warrant of Fitness the vehicle must have each year ( a safety check )
If the vehicle does not have a current 'WoF' the insurance is void and if caught by Police there is a $200 fine issued.
But in America it appears you guys can do whatever the hell you want, so. . . .
I'm gonna move to the USA!!!!
Kiwi, even if we had such a law in the USA, no one would put any time or effort into catching us. Much like the motorcycle exhaust laws. They exist, and we have penalties for violating them, it's just not enforced that often as the local Harley riders go up and down the road with straight pipes .

Do you have a real, live inspector who would notice a brake line being moved? The only other way to detect the mod would be to ride the bike and lock up the brakes, and I don't see that happening.

Back