ABS Delete inquiries

smithabusa

Site Sponsor
Registered
I've had some people ask to do this. What are your goals? Remove ABS, but keep speedo and traction control? This will require wiring for wheel speed sensors to work without the stock ABS Unit in place (and can't be plug and play, you will have to remove 2 wires from the 48 pin ECU connector, they are easy to extract though), and will require a box to be plugged into the red diagnostic connector in the tail to keep the ABS lamp off (assuming that is what you want). Hill hold won't work, cruise control cancel from front or rear brake won't work, indicators on dash for front and rear brake pressure won't work. I am sure there is other stuff too (linked braking) but those are some quick ones off the top of my head.

Wheelspeed sensor goes bad or out of alignment wouldn't produce a code either.

***intended off-road use and test purposes only***

Last edited:
Im sure you can get 4 lbs out from the bike from other places like changing the subframe, battery, wheels, axles, Titanium bolts, Carbon fiber parts a lot of other places.

For anyone curious, the ABS valve on it's own without lines going to it etc. is 3lb 4ounces
I don't really care about the weight as much as I care about, freeing up the space, and putting the independence back in the front and rear brake circuit. I'm not really interested in riding a motorcycle with ABS.

Let me know when you got it figured out and send me an invoice. I still need to get the new master cylinder to install, then I'll do the brake lines and I'll be ready for the delete.

Maybe some decent news tonight, made a prototype, dash ABS light goes off, with the brake light signal going into my controller I can cancel cruise control as well, and I have speedo working plugging into the rear speed sensor on the rear stand. So ABS is on the floor away from bike, with functional speedo and ABS light off, step in the right direction I think.

20230308_201202.jpg

It was so easy to delete on my Gen 2. What I did not like about ABS was the loss of feel in the lever. While the bike stopped it did not have real feedback .
No On my Triumph Tiger 1200 XCX the ABS unit is I swear the same one used on the GEN 2's and it feels just as poorly when its enabled .
However Triumph gave a neat feature on the XCX / XCA models and that is full turn off of the ABS Front and rear . I get on the bike and turn off ABS / Traction control .
The brakes feel as they should , and the bike will slide or do a stoppie . I've not deleted the ABS on this bike since its able to be disengaged with just a ABS light on .
Also @ 619 pounds wet saving 4 lb is not going to make any noticeable change .

On Gen 2 where the ABS unit was I housed the cruise control in that location .

Mr. Smith great work sir .

I ordered a kit from Core Moto for my Gen 3 when I stopped using abs.

It ended up being custom because I have Brembo masters and wanted the “2f” front brake line configuration. They did a great job in calling me to be sure everything was correct.

They recommended to measure the length of each with a coaxial cable.

I'm waiting for an invoice. I'll order a Galfer Gen II brake line kit. :bowdown:
we really dont even need hydraulics to test it, we could just unplug ABS and test the wiring/dash stuff. At the moment i have a check engine light on his dash with stock ecu, but with the diagnostic port hosting the
I ordered a kit from Core Moto for my Gen 3 when I stopped using abs.

It ended up being custom because I have Brembo masters and wanted the “2f” front brake line configuration. They did a great job in calling me to be sure everything was correct.

They recommended to measure the length of each with a coaxial cable.
Did you just replumb the hydraulics but left the electrical all connected?

Back