Gen 3 ABS delete

TonyM995

Registered
Hello,

I’m new here and have a silver gen 3. I’d like to remove the abs and use a Brembo master cylinder with stainless steel brake lines from core moto.

Has anyone removed the ABS Hydraulic Unit (HU) from a gen3?

If I unplug the Hydraulic Unit, the bike won’t start at all. I’d rather remove it then leave it connected and on the bike doing nothing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Tony M

Hello,

I’m new here and have a silver gen 3. I’d like to remove the abs and use a Brembo master cylinder with stainless steel brake lines from core moto.

If I unplug the Hydraulic Unit, the bike won’t start at all. I’d rather remove it then leave it connected and on the bike doing nothing.

Thanks,
Tony M

What have you got against ABS?

Hello,

Thanks,
Tony M
Welcome to the forum......it seems you are entering new territory....

I'd say eliminating the ABS on the Gen 3 will be a bit tougher as it has all the "nannies" it reports to...I'm sure someone like @smithabusa could devise some sort of electronic delete for the ABS which would then make removing it easier,

Well now I don’t know what I should do with these.

@smithabusa what happens if you leave the abs unit and cap the lines? Any thoughts you have on this are much appreciated. Do you think there will be a solution for this?

My plan was to install these and a Unit 5 triple tree with clip ons.

5EB35865-593E-4F04-B407-AE32497D9E4E.jpeg

Well now I don’t know what I should do with these.

@smithabusa what happens if you leave the abs unit and cap the lines? Any thoughts you have on this are much appreciated. Do you think there will be a solution for this?

My plan was to install these and a Unit 5 triple tree with clip ons.

View attachment 1654030

Pretty sure Chris Moore has a video where he has disconnected ABS and most of the ABS removed his rear brake and one side of the front, capped the ABS unit and left it installed with no problems.

I installed CoreMoto brake lines. The rear one goes to the ABS unit and then out to the rear caliper. I would think you can just go straight to it. Fault code.???????

I also want to order them… how are they? Have you felt any difference?

I am at a loss. Unless you're doing 1/8 or 1/4 mile stuff, why delete the ABS on a road bike?
I would assume it's part of the traction control and all the other stuff that's built in to make the bike safer.
Am I missing something?

I am at a loss. Unless you're doing 1/8 or 1/4 mile stuff, why delete the ABS on a road bike?
I would assume it's part of the traction control and all the other stuff that's built in to make the bike safer.
Am I missing something?

I can't comment on the gen3 directly, but alot of ABS systems are overbearing, and take away feel.
Rider input doesn't feel like it has direct or equal results.
Late model ABS on the '18gsxr1k I ride is pretty good with the TC off, and linked braking is not noticeable except under emergency braking, but horrible with any level of TC on.
The ABS on my Concours is currently very switch like on/off, but apparently the front to rear ratio is adjustable(I've yet to look into it).
I can understand wanting full control of braking vs abs.
As, yes, I think a skilled rider can brake as well without abs on dry roads, and that you simply adjust to your conditions in the wet(where abs can outbrake most).
That abs is needed by 3 types of riders.
The guy that just wants it.
The guy that has no business sitting on a motorcycle, let alone ride one, who needs saved from themselves.
The guy who is so good/elite level that needs electronic aids in order to go any faster.
It would be nice to be able to turn it all off.
To each their own.

Hello,

Welcome I plan the same, I have Core moto lines on 3 bikes now. I saved a post about the same question let me see if I can dig it up

Back