Gen 2 abs delete question

Nick17busa813

Registered
I’m in the process of removing weight from my gen 2. Im deleting my abs and running single caliper and rotor. My question is do I need to change my brake master or can I just order a steel braided brake line for a non abs gen 2 ?
Thank you

@Nick17busa813

some questions

do you want to drive the busa in the quarter mile race and reduce weight?

do you realize that the busa, with only one disc at the front, has a braking distance, figuratively speaking, comparable to an oil tanker?
test the effect of the oem master and its working yourselve :lol:
are u kidding us here?
and - no introduction in the forum of who you are, what and how much experience you have.

first registration and immediately a question.

i call something like that rude and ignoring the forum rules.

@Nick17busa813

some questions

do you want to drive the busa in the quarter mile race and reduce weight?

do you realize that the busa, with only one disc at the front, has a braking distance, figuratively speaking, comparable to an oil tanker?
test the effect of the oem master and its working yourselve :lol:
are u kidding us here?
and - no introduction in the forum of who you are, what and how much experience you have.

first registration and immediately a question.

i call something like that rude and ignoring the forum rules.
Thanks for the answer bud

I’m in the process of removing weight from my gen 2. Im deleting my abs and running single caliper and rotor. My question is do I need to change my brake master or can I just order a steel braided brake line for a non abs gen 2 ?
Thank you
We are here to help, in this day and age where forums such as this are drying up and disappearing we need to remain a resource....

There is a search feature located in the top right, if you type in what you are looking for, there are several threads on the subject as it has been done lots of times.

In my own limited experience from what I gather on this forum, you are fine to keep your OEM MC and run the lines just like you are suggesting....

Many, many bikes on this forum are configured in the exact way including lots of Gen 3s....

We are here to help, in this day and age where forums such as this are drying up and disappearing we need to remain a resource....

There is a search feature located in the top right, if you type in what you are looking for, there are several threads on the subject as it has been done lots of times.

In my own limited experience from what I gather on this forum, you are fine to keep your OEM MC and run the lines just like you are suggesting....

Many, many bikes on this forum are configured in the exact way including lots of Gen 3s....
Thank you for your response.
I did do quite the amount of research and what threw me off was seeing some mine saying they did change it but did specify if they were just upgrading it.

Thank you for your response.
I did do quite the amount of research and what threw me off was seeing some mine saying they did change it but did specify if they were just upgrading it.
Did you check out this thread?

There is a You Tube video in there by one of our own showing to remove the ABS unit on a Gen 2..

Did you check out this thread?

There is a You Tube video in there by one of our own showing to remove the ABS unit on a Gen 2..

I tried but show video unavailable I know c10 covered a lot I picked up most of the info from him

You would still benefit alot from a quality aftermarket front master cylinder.
It will stop you sooner than the stock MC, and Every little bit can count.
A more aggressive pad that doesn't need heated to work will help too.

Back