How Do I Delete Rear Abs?

reiecco

Registered
2013 special addition ABS

I am looking to delete my rear abs only, but still run the rear brake. Looks like it has an earlier model caliper on it because it does not have an ABS port. It also has 240 tire with aftermarket rim and no ABS ring. I realize that the ABS light will stay on not a big deal for me I'll find the wire eventually and disconnect.
I'm going to run the Stocks set up in the front with stock wheel and brakes for now.
thanks.

So if anybody knows how to do this I'd appreciate the direction thank you, Rico

And I look forward to learning here and posing some accomplishments. This is my second Busa. I had the GEN 1, first year when it came out.
I Bought a basket case that came with a AAA (division of PPM) 10" extended swingarm.

image.jpg

You can't disconnect a wire to get the abs light to go off.
You'de have to remove the led from the board...or put a piece of tape over the lense.

You can't disconnect a wire to get the abs light to go off.
You'de have to remove the led from the board...or put a piece of tape over the lense.

Ok thanks..saved me some time there.

Do you know how to do what I am in need of? I'm wondering if I can use a plug at the manifold where the rear ABS line goes in.

You cannot just disconnect the rear abs, you need to remove it completely from the bike.
The front and rear are connected, internally.
As for the Led DO NOT remove it from the board, just paint it,,, I learned the hard way!

You cannot just disconnect the rear abs, you need to remove it completely from the bike.
The front and rear are connected, internally.
As for the Led DO NOT remove it from the board, just paint it,,, I learned the hard way!

Sorry for bad info.
What happens if you remove the led?

Sorry for bad info.
What happens if you remove the led?[/QUOTE]
No worries, hadn't gotten to that point yet. Just ordered the brake lines today. But yes, please tell.

Can I just leave this sensor unhooked tape it up and stash it somewhere? The rear caliper I'm using has no ABS port because that's what I was left with. I'm guessing probably because this caliber will work with the tire router set up

image.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not going to remove the ABS just yet. I want to see if this baket set up even works. So, I'm just gonna run a new line directly
from the module box under the gas tank straight to the caliper and hook everything up as normal via the line to master cylinder from module under the tank. So, I'm just going to leave the ABS wiring unhooked from the caliper

PM Gixerhp he deleted his on his 2013 and learned quite a bit while doing it.

Back