Mr Bogus got me thinking

Mike thanks for the help at the other site!!! And Damn!! I could only imagine how nice that thing rides to mine. Mine is much closer to stock. I just have a rear shock from ohlins, and need to work the front end for better feel and bite! Still looks good! Have you rode other newer GsxR 1ks to see and feel the difference?

Mike thanks for the help at the other site!!! And Damn!! I could only imagine how nice that thing rides to mine. Mine is much closer to stock. I just have a rear shock from ohlins, and need to work the front end for better feel and bite! Still looks good! Have you rode other newer GsxR 1ks to see and feel the difference?

yeah I've riden everything except for the 08 and 09.

I'll stick with my 01 :laugh:

That much of a difference?

Here are the mods to mine, but no where near yours!!! LOL

Puig wind screen
Full Arka race SS exhaust
525 gear set with +1 on the rear
Tre
Ohlins rear shock
K&N air filter
DFI techlusion Box with a LM1 tune.
SS brake lines front and rear.
Digi Gear indicator
Prymid rear hugger
Nissan RC51 Front brake caliper with a 07 Gsxr 1000 Radial master cylinder
Air horn
Pair removed
Frame sliders and swing arm spools
Yellow box speedo calibrator

I guess that is it!!!! Oh and 26k on the stock engine!

That much of a difference?

Here are the mods to mine, but no where near yours!!! LOL

Puig wind screen
Full Arka race SS exhaust
525 gear set with +1 on the rear
Tre
Ohlins rear shock
K&N air filter
DFI techlusion Box with a LM1 tune.
SS brake lines front and rear.
Digi Gear indicator
Prymid rear hugger
Nissan RC51 Front brake caliper with a 07 Gsxr 1000 Radial master cylinder
Air horn
Pair removed
Frame sliders and swing arm spools
Yellow box speedo calibrator

I guess that is it!!!! Oh and 26k on the stock engine!

to me the 01/02 1k's feel planted even with the undersprung stock suspension, and the body positioning is more comfy to me.

the newer bikes feel too cbr f4'ish to me in the way your sitting on them, which threw off the suspension feel to me

WOW! Others who rode newer gsxrs said the same thing about the gen 1's. Felt better to ride. Even a buddy of mine had motor work done to his 04 and said even mine pulled better in the lower and mid rev range then his race bike. I spend most of my time tuning in that range! Lower to mid range on that bike.

WOW! Others who rode newer gsxrs said the same thing about the gen 1's. Felt better to ride. Even a buddy of mine had motor work done to his 04 and said even mine pulled better in the lower and mid rev range then his race bike. I spend most of my time tuning in that range! Lower to mid range on that bike.

yep in 03 they moved the great mid range of the 01/02's to the high end to smooth out the grunt and make it seem like they added more power :whistle:

then they went ahead and shortened the reach to the bars and threw off the feel while tucked ???

very nice, that is a sweet bike...i think you have just about reached the top on that one, might as well get another one and start over :laugh:

even he's stumped :laugh:

Im not stumped! You need to get your azz over here so we can finish it! LOL

Here is your corrections!

#15, not installed yet
#19, No Ti keepers, now there oem 750's
#31,
#32,
#33, not installed yet
#37, no longer on the bike, has a Smithabusa GPS mod now
#42, not installed yet
#62, not installed yet

You left out the gauge backlighting, that was a pain in the azz!
And the intercom system from IMC
And you need an oil change
As well as about 4 to 5 more hours of dyno tuning!

im kind of curious how both of our bikes once fully tuned will do against each other.

should be interesting :laugh:

I think a 3rd gear roll on from a lugging 30 mph would show us and yours weighs half of mine and probably makes the same or better numbers, I need a nice prepped head and that is just gonna have to wait till next winter... unless we get 10 more snow storms over 3"

SNOW SNOW SNOW

Last edited:
I love the roll ons we should try several different bikes and combos and just see who's pull what.

A nice stretch of unpatrolled 28 in NC side by side at 30mph in 3rd and just open them up till the shift to 4th and see whos does what even stockers...

:cheerleader::beerchug::thumbsup:

I think a 3rd gear roll on from a lugging 30 mph would show us and yours weighs half of mine and probably makes the same or better numbers, I need a nice prepped head and that is just gonna have to wait till next winter... unless we get 10 more snow storms over 3"

SNOW SNOW SNOW

I'm going to leave this line for others to comment on. :rofl:

Back