Rear brake line length vs Gen2?

InfiniteReality

Registered
ATC apparently includes a 60ish inch brake cable, when I inquired was told to roll it up under the tank.

That's not going to happen so called Speilger for a proper length line. They don't have specs on the Gen3 but did offer Gen2 ABS fitting types (that were the same) and length of 40.9" center to center of fittings. Mine is still attached, but I'm getting around 25". I assume Gen2 ABS block is further towards the front and not inside frame above swing arm pivot?

Just curious as to why the length difference? Or always a possibility I'm missing something so hopefully someone has a little more knowledge than myself?

ATC apparently includes a 60ish inch brake cable, when I inquired was told to roll it up under the tank.

That's not going to happen so called Speilger for a proper length line. They don't have specs on the Gen3 but did offer Gen2 ABS fitting types (that were the same) and length of 40.9" center to center of fittings. Mine is still attached, but I'm getting around 25". I assume Gen2 ABS block is further towards the front and not inside frame above swing arm pivot?

Just curious as to why the length difference? Or always a possibility I'm missing something so hopefully someone has a little more knowledge than myself?
I’m not that familiar with the gen3 or even the gen2 ABS, but I thought the reason they offered a long line was so that you could eliminate the hard line on the part of the ABS system that operates the rear and simply run the braided from the ABS pump straight to the caliper. I looked into what was needed to retro fit ABS to my 2009 sometime ago and think I remember seeing something about only the hard line from pump to the frame “neck” being reused when upgrading to braided.

I’m not that familiar with the gen3 or even the gen2 ABS, but I thought the reason they offered a long line was so that you could eliminate the hard line on the part of the ABS system that operates the rear and simply run the braided from the ABS pump straight to the caliper. I looked into what was needed to retro fit ABS to my 2009 sometime ago and think I remember seeing something about only the hard line from pump to the frame “neck” being reused when upgrading to braided.

I'm going to have to do some more digging for sure. That makes more sense as to why it is so long. I need to relook at the cable they sent too, seems it may have had a straight fitting on the ABS side. The only thing I can think of as a reason to go to this ABS block is since the Gen3 front brake lever also operate 30% on the rear it may be good to keep as is, just longer.

Here's the rear line connection to what I've been calling ABS block.

PXL_20220524_231256605.jpg

I'm going to have to do some more digging for sure. That makes more sense as to why it is so long. I need to relook at the cable they sent too, seems it may have had a straight fitting on the ABS side. The only thing I can think of as a reason to go to this ABS block is since the Gen3 front brake lever also operate 30% on the rear it may be good to keep as is, just longer.

Here's the rear line connection to what I've been calling ABS block.

View attachment 1651560
So the line with the 90 comes from the “pump” and bolts to the block and then another comes out of the block and goes to the caliper?

Hey sweetie could you grab that while you're under there.Got some pics and figured it out. Until you mentioned hard line, I assumed it stopped inside frame.

Measured full length and seems to be same as Gen3.

View attachment 1651585

View attachment 1651586
Always so good to have an apprentice mechanic on duty. Especially when they can walk underneath the tail by herself. Hey sweetie could you grab that wrench while you're under there. :thumbsup:

During research found this option for brake line for Gen 3 Hayabusa.
GSX1300R HAYABUSA 2022-Present ABS

Yep
I have been using several Core-Moto parts over the years...including ss brake lines for a Gsxr1000R with ABS.
They fit and work excellent.
Core-Moto and Spiegler both have rotating banjos too(I don't know anyone that does)and that is a Big deal when routing ss lines.

Always so good to have an apprentice mechanic on duty. Especially when they can walk underneath the tail by herself. Hey sweetie could you grab that wrench while you're under there. :thumbsup:

Thanks! Most definitely and at the perfect age to grab stuff at my request. Best part....she knows what to grab, as long as it doesn't have a size on it, lol.

During research found this option for brake line for Gen 3 Hayabusa.
GSX1300R HAYABUSA 2022-Present ABS

Great find, I wished I'd found these, I dig the look for sure. One thing I'm glad I did and didn't assume, was measure for my brake line after arm was installed. Just used some string to route it and measured it. I measured 52" @ 5in stretch to new caliper location, where as the stock line was around 41in.

Thanks! Most definitely and at the perfect age to grab stuff at my request. Best part....she knows what to grab, as long as it doesn't have a size on it, lol.

Great find, I wished I'd found these, I dig the look for sure. One thing I'm glad I did and didn't assume, was measure for my brake line after arm was installed. Just used some string to route it and measured it. I measured 52" @ 5in stretch to new caliper location, where as the stock line was around 41in.
She's gonna make all the guys look bad. Those boys think they know how to turn a wrench ?. That kids gonna have all your genius.

She's what, under 2?
And already knows what tools to get when asked, lol, that's awesome.
My little girl is 11 now, I miss those days...sometimes.

You're definitely accurate, she's the size/weight of a 2yr old (27lbs), but she's 3.5, lol. I'm glad when I have to lug her around that she's still light.

I've brought her to the shop since she first started walking, took a while to get all the dangerous tools moved up high, but no worries now. Shop is where we play/work, 90% of the time, hot or cold. Now if I can just teach her to get them out of the tool box so I don't have to get up/down 1000x, I'm set! I often think about how I'm going to miss these times when she gets older, but I do hope she continues on this love of motorized vehicles......time will tell, that's for sure! :)

While I have my rear brake line off the line, I'll accurately measure it and post the OEM length for anyone else that happens to be looking for it down the road. It is very close to the Gen2 ABS length.

PXL_20220524_233904962.jpg

You're definitely accurate, she's the size/weight of a 2yr old (27lbs), but she's 3.5, lol. I'm glad when I have to lug her around that she's still light.

I've brought her to the shop since she first started walking, took a while to get all the dangerous tools moved up high, but no worries now. Shop is where we play/work, 90% of the time, hot or cold. Now if I can just teach her to get them out of the tool box so I don't have to get up/down 1000x, I'm set! I often think about how I'm going to miss these times when she gets older, but I do hope she continues on this love of motorized vehicles......time will tell, that's for sure! :)

While I have my rear brake line off the line, I'll accurately measure it and post the OEM length for anyone else that happens to be looking for it down the road. It is very close to the Gen2 ABS length.

View attachment 1651689

That's great stuff right there man.

Back