Taking off rear brake.

I understand the interest in saving weight--but at the expense of safety? Not an equal savings in my book! Would you take the rear brakes off you car because it saved weight?
rock.gif

I hardly ever use the rear brake, just in slow speed manuvering.

But mine is still on
wink.gif

But removing the rear is smarter than removing one of the front discs and replacing it with a fancy hunk of metal. Some of the blingers do that
crazy.gif

I say take it off, and sh1t can it! Post up after a week of riding and let us know if you noticed a difference with it gone.
Good luck!
firedevil.gif
firedevil.gif
firedevil.gif

firedevil.gif

firedevil.gif

I wont take it off, was just sorta curious...It wasnt just weight savings but the extra rotational mass Is what I was thinking about; but nah, you guys are right. Im sure theres a good reason they put it on all bikes. I guess Ill relize its importance more with more experiance.

Redundancy is always nice.... what happens if the front brakes fail? There are lots of ways for that to happen, and an alternate brake is a nice thing at a time like that.

You brake hard BEFORE you get into the turn, then it alow's you to get back on the throttle as you exit the corner. This in turn help's you to keep better traction around a corner. Judge the corner, brake hard, then accelerate THROUGH the turn. It's supposed to increase traction.

Be safe bro!
beerchug.gif

(motogp08 @ Mar. 04 2007,21:50) You brake hard BEFORE you get into the turn, then it alow's you to get back on the throttle as you exit the corner. This in turn help's you to keep better traction around a corner. Judge the corner, brake hard, then accelerate THROUGH the turn. It's supposed to increase traction.

Be safe bro!
beerchug.gif
You don't even ride
tounge.gif

(BA BUSA @ Mar. 04 2007,21:52)
(motogp08 @ Mar. 04 2007,21:50) You brake hard BEFORE you get into the turn, then it alow's you to get back on the throttle as you exit the corner. This in turn help's you to keep better traction around a corner. Judge the corner, brake hard, then accelerate THROUGH the turn. It's supposed to increase traction.

Be safe bro!
beerchug.gif
You don't even ride
tounge.gif
Doesn't MATTER! Still know some shid!
super.gif

Ima reader!
wink.gif

I'm cramming info BEFORE i get a bike! Now that's smart!
cool.gif

(motogp08 @ Mar. 05 2007,11:27)
(BA BUSA @ Mar. 04 2007,21:52)

Be safe bro!
beerchug.gif
You don't even ride
tounge.gif
Doesn't MATTER! Still know some shid!
super.gif

Ima reader!
wink.gif

I'm cramming info BEFORE i get a bike! Now that's smart!
cool.gif
Too bad ya don't know what you're talking about
pissed.gif

(DeermeetBusa @ Mar. 04 2007,14:10) Ive heard the rear brake can contribute 30 percent stopping power. Is that right?
You may only need an extra 5% to make the difference between living and dying.

(BA BUSA @ Mar. 04 2007,14:35)
crazy.gif
you can scrub off some speed to set your line...if you use the front brakes to do this the forks dive and this will upset the bike  
all_coholic.gif
+1 use it to settle the bike down while APPROACHING the turn and setting up your line. Your not stopping the bike, your dragging the brake to settle the bike down. What you don't want is the front forks to bottom as you ENTER the turn. Really, you need to  go to a track day school to learn WHAT and HOW to do things at speed. And by speed, I mean anything above 40 mph  
race.gif

Dude how much do you weigh?? Myabe a diet or something would help
tounge.gif
But anyway, I use both my front and rears all the time but I seem to use the rear brake alot more when riding two up....It's easier on the passenger, but I would never ever take mine off unless it broke or something???

(tinbender0 @ Mar. 05 2007,19:44) Dude how much do you weigh?? Myabe a diet or something would help
tounge.gif
But anyway, I use both my front and rears all the time but I seem to use the rear brake alot more when riding two up....It's easier on the passenger, but I would never ever take mine off unless it broke or something???
Amen brother.

in a staight away with some sand and gravel the front brake will fold the tire under hard stoping seen it happen to a buddy of mine he got a air pocket in the rear brake line and we were on loose gravel the bike in front of him stoped and when he aplied the brakes only the front worked and down he went

Back