Tail of the dragon

dolilind

Registered
I may be a little paranoid but has anyone checked out the www.tailofthedragon.com web site?
Are the cops really as bad as it appears there? Im going down for the bash and really not looking to have a lot of run in's with the law.

Geez... Maybe I need to stay on the NC side... that video was amazing. I wonder what he got pulled over for? Maybe that little bit of throttle passing the THP?
wow.gif

I have to say I am worried as I don't need any points!
wink.gif

After looking at that site i might have to avoid the gap. I can't afford any BS points or tickets. i do like to ride hard but always in safe places;). The gap looks cool to get out and run on but if the caops are that bad hells no.

Really, thats good to here. around here there one or 2 spot but when the caops are out , time to stay in. there just aint enuff good roads this way

I guess I'll keep running in straight lines at the drag strip for now. No reason to be harrassed or recieve a ticket for no reason.

Just ride every road in the area BUT the Dragon
all_coholic.gif

They have to write a shid load of tickets out there to afford all that "HARRASSMENT"...no ticket revenue...no money to pay the OT for THP
beerchug.gif

when i was there sat. if the cop was outside of there car the would run up to the road and LOOK at ours biks to see if the TAG was in the right place . that the only thing i could think of for the reason they was doing that..one guy in my group that rides with us is a COP for the city here he break every rule there is ..
SHOCKED.gif

I wonder if there might be a drug dealer or a murderer or a rapist that would benefit better from this type of attention. But I geuss that would not generate any revenue would it?

Do you all think the madness will end by September? How long do they plan on keeping this crap up. Hmmm.

Chris

(dolilind @ Aug. 05 2007,19:25) OH crap. i think i might have to rethink this trip
You should still come because there are plenty of other outstanding roads to ride. Furthermore, if you hit the gap early, no cops. I ran it before 10am and didn't see a single LEO. It really is better to run the Dragon early anyway because you miss all the congestion as well as the LEO's.

Also took a run through at 8pm Friday afternoon and no LEO's to be seen either.

(NCBusa2001 @ Aug. 06 2007,04:36) Do you all think the madness will end by September?  How long do they plan on keeping this crap up.  Hmmm.  

Chris
This is the hight of the crazy season at the Gap. By the time the Bash rolls around, it should be back to normal.

How does the Gap police feel about axle mounted tags?
The isnt enuff room under my bike to put the tag back in the correct place

Do you think the local LEO trolls moto boards keeping an eye out for events like The Bash? Oh sh!t, cat's outta' da' bag now!

(dolilind @ Aug. 06 2007,18:42) How does the Gap police feel about axle mounted tags?
The isnt enuff room under my bike to put the tag back in the correct place
You will get a ticket if they see it.

Back