POST BASH TRAGEDY

Oh man.....

I cannot even imagine the pain that father went thru.... so sad.

RIP rider. Prayers sent.

I am pretty sure I met this kid at the CROT. I never got his name, but he was close to my age, riding a Gen II Busa.. and asking if I had an 08 and an extra clutch lever. I just assumed he was part of the Org, but when i told him to go back to the hotel and ask, he didn't even know the Org was out there.. "That must be where all the Busas are from".. I never saw him again after that... weird.. and my Prayers are sent for his family and friends.. that's a hard situation to be stuck in.

My 17-year old son just got his M/C license yesterday. He's riding a TW200, but this is a very sobering thread indeed.

I missed this post when it originally hit. It's sad to see anyone die of anything but old age. My prayers are with him and his family.

It's just classic human stupidity.
5 guys walk into a school and shoot 45 students and teachers. Each gunman uses 2 handguns and a shotgun.
1 decides to use an AK-47. News reports, "Campus massacre with Machine Guns"!!!

I think if we really stop and look at the public as a whole, 75% of them are dumb to the point
of being boarderline retarded and 15% of them are too self centered to care.

That leaves a small majority of people who realize that all tragedies span all walks of life
in every possible combination. No generalization is accurate and we can only take each instance
as it happens.

I hope this kid didn't suffer and died doing what he loved, which beats the hell out of crapping your
diaper in a wheelchair at 85.
I hope his family finds peace with this someday.
+1. my condolences to his family.

Very sad for his family.

Personally I am afraid of the fallout. To talk about taking away peoples rights to engage in activities like this is something I do not understand.
We praise those young men and women who fight and die for our freedoms. In the same breath we talk about taking away those freedoms to prevent a death.

A "knee jerk" reaction is rarely a good solution.

The average age of the MotoGP racers is 26 this year and has been as low as 21 a few years ago. These YOUNG men are considered the elite of the elite. I know they have more training and are in a closed environment. I only mention it to make people think of what "age" really means. 18 is the age you can sign up to defend our country but not old enough to ride a motorcycle all of a sudden?

I do not think this was "senseless". He died doing what he liked. It is terrible for those he left behind. But lets not forget he had the choice. The freedom of choice is what we should defend. This event should make us safer because we choose too. Not because anyone makes us. That is what we cannot forget in the aftermath of his ultimate lesson to us.

Very sad for his family.

Personally I am afraid of the fallout. To talk about taking away peoples rights to engage in activities like this is something I do not understand.
We praise those young men and women who fight and die for our freedoms. In the same breath we talk about taking away those freedoms to prevent a death.

A "knee jerk" reaction is rarely a good solution.

The average age of the MotoGP racers is 26 this year and has been as low as 21 a few years ago. These YOUNG men are considered the elite of the elite. I know they have more training and are in a closed environment. I only mention it to make people think of what "age" really means. 18 is the age you can sign up to defend our country but not old enough to ride a motorcycle all of a sudden?

I do not think this was "senseless". He died doing what he liked. It is terrible for those he left behind. But lets not forget he had the choice. The freedom of choice is what we should defend. This event should make us safer because we choose too. Not because anyone makes us. That is what we cannot forget in the aftermath of his ultimate lesson to us.

I agree
RIP young one

Back