t rex no cut frame slider, yes or no?

ok, just makin sure. I know u can adjust the support bar around a bit to clear the radiator/headers. Just sent trex an email about my left slider touching the fairing, i'll wait and see what they say. Not too worried about it but it shouldn't be resting against the fairing? Almost broke the dremel out to grind the notched part on the slider a bit further, but would probably end up ruining it, so i let it be

Thanks kromdom and TRALL, I appreciate the feedback.
Was it hitting the left side TRALL (clutch lever side)?
That was the side that looked like it was hitting to me in some pics...
:beerchug:

No, the right side fairing. The slider was rubbing the bottom section just a tad. I should have the new one anyday this week that was cut down some from Trex. Will post a pic when it comes as mentioned and an update on the fit.

ok, just makin sure. I know u can adjust the support bar around a bit to clear the radiator/headers. Just sent trex an email about my left slider touching the fairing, i'll wait and see what they say. Not too worried about it but it shouldn't be resting against the fairing? Almost broke the dremel out to grind the notched part on the slider a bit further, but would probably end up ruining it, so i let it be

Mine touches a little but I have not noticed anything in the paint as of yet.

I just took a couple pics and sent them to T Rex about my right side slider touching the fairing. They are going to review and problem solve the issue. After checking it seems if the stem was a quarter inch longer for the right side it would not touch. Again the right side is the front/rear brake side.

The right side in T-Rex kit in longer then the left side but in my case it is not long enough. A small size washer/spacer and that should fix it from touching. For now waiting to see what T Rex wants to do.

The pics shows where my right side slider is touching. I used MS PAINT to highlight the area.

If anyone else had this issue post up.

I think a simple fix would be a small washer/spacer which I am going to try, since it just needs to be 3 to 5 mm longer.

trex w paint.jpg

puck 11.jpg

u sure they didn't send u the wrong sliders or something? My right side trex slider isn't even close to touching like that, and actually sticks out from the fairing a bit more. It's my left side that barely touches where the ground out portion is closest to the bracket. Let us know what trex says

u sure they didn't send u the wrong sliders or something? My right side trex slider isn't even close to touching like that, and actually sticks out from the fairing a bit more. It's my left side that barely touches where the ground out portion is closest to the bracket. Let us know what trex says

Send the wrong slider? That might be a possibility but everything does fit but as mentioned the right side issues. The right side slider is the longer of the two. Its about 5 1/2" total length and the left side is under 5" so that part is easy to tell. The longest length goes on the right side. You mentioned your left side is barely touching but my left side is perfect. It seems some people dont have any issues and some left and some right.

I did talk with T Rex today. I was checking on the one they were going to modify and send out. They had not sent it yet and was still problem solving my issue. They asked for more pics and measurments on what part was touching where. I sent them more pics and info.

For my case I addded three washers to extend mine out about 1/4 inch and now my silder larger metal end where the plastic puck meets together no longer touches but but the smaller stem just barely touches. I dont want any rub mark or vibrations like mentioned in an earlier post so after talking with T Rex they will place a notched area the same kind that is on the end but this one were my fairing barely touches and mine and that will fix it 100%. Once they sent it, I will post what they sent me in case anyone in the future has the same issue.

On the pics attached you will see the spot it barely touches now, it is hard to see but I used MS PAINT to place a red mark where it touches at, look real close.

Overall T Rex is a high quality set and this is my second set, first one was on my 06 Busa. It seems they are still fine tuning the GEN II applications.

washer 1.jpg

washer 2.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for posting this, TRALL. Gave mine a closer look and discovered that I have the same issue as yours: right slider is slightly touching the fairing (tons of clearance with the left slider). Never paid much attention to it till now.

Thanks for posting this, TRALL. Gave mine a closer look and discovered that I have the same issue as yours: right slider is slightly touching the fairing (tons of clearance with the left slider). Never paid much attention to it till now.

Last year I noticed the Rt fairing hitting, and I contacted T-rex and they set me a replacement mount.

Back