No cut frame sliders, is T-Rex no more?

Slowstang305

Registered
Been looking for no cut frame sliders for the Gen II and these seem to look the best without cutting. I can't find these for sale anywhere, are they no longer in production?
41jTXVaZdfL.jpg

Aren’t no cut sliders really just good for tip overs? Don’t they ‘slide’ right away if the bike is crashed not protecting anything?

Answered my own question and gave them a call. Looks like only the new gen sliders are available. The ones pictured are no longer in production.

I always wondered if sliders put more stress on the frame in a crash/tip over with more chance of damaging it rather than just the plastic...

A slider is only as strong as the bolt that runs thru it. A tiny bolt will sheer off and not protect a thing. My daughter’s SV650 had proper sliders, long enough, with a large bolt. The slider wore down and the bolt bent but didn’t break and the plastics etc were undamaged. The no cut sliders I’ve seen have a thin tiny bolt that doesn’t look like it would stand up to anything more than a tip over.

I'm gonna be looking into finding a company that will build me low profile cages from tubular steel.

A slider is only as strong as the bolt that runs thru it. A tiny bolt will sheer off and not protect a thing. My daughter’s SV650 had proper sliders, long enough, with a large bolt. The slider wore down and the bolt bent but didn’t break and the plastics etc were undamaged. The no cut sliders I’ve seen have a thin tiny bolt that doesn’t look like it would stand up to anything more than a tip over.
I’ve had the “privilege” of testing a set of the sliders the OP posted at about 20mph and thebolt got bent, but didn’t break. I ground the end pretty good too and it was on uneven surface, so still needed new fairings.

Doing some searches for gen 2 no cut sliders and not having much luck finding any like the trex's pictured above. Anyone know who might still make some? I just got back from the trex site and as already mentioned above they appear to be no longer available

The T-Rex version pictured above was modified to the current slider listed here: T-Rex Raciing 2008 - 2019 Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa Frame sliders

Thanks! I like the original style puck they sold but maybe I'll search for some pictures of the new ones and change my mind.
I found these on ebay and they look like no-cuts but dont say

I haven't ordered them yet but probably will this winter. My guess is the regular frame sliders work best but I don't want to cut my fairings.
My girlfriend hit a deer head on at about 50 mph a couple weeks ago on her ninja 400 and we had literally installed some china no-cuts just a few days before. It slid down the asphalt on the right side before coming to a stop, bent the slider back pretty good but it did do its job. The damage was just cosmetic. didn't hit the tank, but if they where regular sliders that didn't have to have a alum relocate bracket that bends easy,...I think they would have saved more

Back