t rex no cut frame slider, yes or no?

sportcustoms71

Registered
just wondering if i could get some feed back from yall that have owned the t rex no cut frame sliders......how hard is the installment, worth buying, look good on the bike, do they actually protect the bike.....considering my recent downing of my baby:banghead: should i go the other route and get the ones you have to cut??? thanks fellas in advance.:bowdown:

post #20 here: https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gen-ii-busa-information/135521-do-these-work.html

if you do a quick search, you will find at least 2-3 threads. best of luck
P.S. Yes, i do have them..and got the matching swingarm spools and fork axle sliders

196052d1280351822-do-these-work-p7260131.jpg

Got them and LOVE THEM, hope to never find out how good they are :thumbsup:
DSC05225.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC05224.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC05226.jpg
[/IMG]
their ez enough to install also :beerchug:

With the rod that crosses from one side to the other, I would say they would work fine.

First Time I bought T-Rex...bad feedback for me...the slider touch the fairing and slightly scratched...More, an electric cable was stretched by the slider...

Then ,when I discovered that T-rex simply modified(not reprojected) the OLD-BUSA SLIDERS I understood WHY the sliders don't fit well...

I bought the BIKE DESIGN NO-CUT SLIDERS and they are PERFECT...yes they are expensive but when you look well ,rod, plate and sliders you see the differences between T-rex and BikeDesign.

T-rex: hand-flexed steel
BDB: robot-flexed steel (no error or stretched cable or scratched fairings)

I have been looking for no-cut sliders for my 08 Busa and I only ones I keep seeing are the T-Rex. It looks like the metal sleeve that bolts to the frame is hitting the fairing on one side in some of the pics...
Can anyone confirm that these sliders rub, hit the fairing or are they a perfect fit?
Thanks in advance.

It looks like the metal sleeve that bolts to the frame is hitting the fairing on one side in some of the pics...
Can anyone confirm that these sliders rub, hit the fairing or are they a perfect fit? Thanks in advance.

It clears the fairing, no rubbing and you can remove/install the fairing without problems.

I have been looking for no-cut sliders for my 08 Busa and I only ones I keep seeing are the T-Rex. It looks like the metal sleeve that bolts to the frame is hitting the fairing on one side in some of the pics...
Can anyone confirm that these sliders rub, hit the fairing or are they a perfect fit?
Thanks in advance.

I had that problem with my new set. The right side slider would be touching the fairing as I screwed it in to mount. Knew that was no good having a pressue point, that would cause the fairing to rub off. I called TRex and they were going to send out a new one after they take off some more metal. I should get the new one any day and will take a pic of the one that did not work and the new one they sent.

Overall a high quality item and worked perfect on the 06 Busa I had. Mainly for protection from tip overs. Have not found out first hand how they will do. Dont really want know first hand.

Last edited:
Thanks kromdom and TRALL, I appreciate the feedback.
Was it hitting the left side TRALL (clutch lever side)?
That was the side that looked like it was hitting to me in some pics...
:beerchug:

Last edited:
installed mine recently, the left side (clutch side) barely, and i mean barely touches the fairing. I used a piece of electrical tape on the fairing with a rubber bump stop on top of the tape. Kind of jerry rigged but it keeps the slider from touching the fairing. Wonder if i should have called trex and asked about it, it's just the little notched part needs ground a bit further. Kind of late if i had to swap it out now bc i already painted them black. Here's a few pics so u can see what i'm talking about

010.JPG

011.JPG

010.JPG

011.JPG

I have them on mine and love em. Very easy to install. They are adjustable so you can keep them off the plastics

DSC_0038.jpg

how are they adjustable? U can loosen the slider and spin it around, but doesn't really do much to move it away from the fairing. The brackets that bolt to the motor don't really have much play to shift it one way or another

They will slow you down

Weight = .00000000000000002 MPH

Wind resistance = .0000000000000000004

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Just dont drop the bike.

( Im sure this post will come back to haunt me should Misty ever decide to lay down )

how are they adjustable? U can loosen the slider and spin it around, but doesn't really do much to move it away from the fairing. The brackets that bolt to the motor don't really have much play to shift it one way or another

when I did mine, there was some play in the brackets, allows you to "swing" the rod up or down to get the best clearance (IIRC, this was even mentioned in the instruction sheet).

yes u can move the rod around a bit, but pretty sure they doesn't affect the overall position of the slider

Back